Hello,

I am completely new to the world of Blackberry. I JUST got my phone early last month.

Everything's been fine, until today.

I was just running some errands. And I noticed that my phone was really warm. Warmer then phones should be.

I powered it off, but it was still really warm after several minutes. So I took the battery out while it was powered off. It was hot.

After that it cooled down. When it was cool, I put the battery back in and it popped back to life. It looked like it was loading the OS. So I popped it back into a safe pocket in my purse and ran some more errands.

When I got done I check my phone and it was black. Just dead.
    I cant get it to turn on at all.

It's not something silly like the battery running out of charge, because I fully charged it this morning, several hours before it got hot.

What wrong? Please dont tell me its completely dead.
    04-02-10 09:50 PM
    if you have had it less than a month take it back to VZW. It sounds like a defective battery but they may exchange to whole BB.
    04-02-10 10:12 PM
    usually if the battery is hot..the battery is defective...just take it to ur carrier & claim the warranty!
    04-03-10 05:14 AM
    Could it not be that the phone was constantly working, such as on a call she was not aware of or some app running, the battery went dead, and then needed a good recharge in a reliable charger before it would reboot?
    04-03-10 06:06 AM
    the battery is nuked...take your device back to VZW...they will (should) take care of you and your battery...btw ask them how to close ALL your apps when you're not using them too....
    04-03-10 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD