hi everyone. this is my very first thread, so im sorry if i come off as REALLy uneducated :/

Well, i have an 8520 running on 4.6 for T-mobile.
    when i heard about this Wind Hellas 5.0 i was super excited because i love the way the menus look and stuff on 5.0...
    well, i followed all directions
    1. downloaded the OS
    2. deleted the vendor.xml
    3. emptied recycle bin
    4. run apploader.exe

thats where the issue starts... i dont see any OS! just my usual apps: Ubertwitter, openbeak, buzzmePro, etc,eyc...

i have no idea what t do. i've tried on the DM too, but nothing works.

also, if its a problem, i dont have a data plan.. im kinda broke,so i can afford it... can someone please help.
    thanks
    04-02-10 02:53 PM
    Try using Loader.exe instead of Desktop Manager.
    Double check if vendor is gone. Reboot the pc.
    04-02-10 04:38 PM
    i tried with loader.exe and all that happens is i see the list of the apps i already have on my BB, nothing about any 5.0 update or anything, and when i click "next" or whatever it says 'no actions were necessary" or something, and im back to square 1 with 4.6 -____-
    04-02-10 04:42 PM
    Well that's usually vendor playing around.
    Uninstall and reinstall the OS, delete vendor.xml and try again.
    04-02-10 06:00 PM
    It's because you don't have a data plan.

I've been trying to update my wife's 8520 to OS 5.0 for the longest time without much luck. She also doesn't have a BB data plan, just the old t-zones.

As a last resort I swapped in my SIM card (since I have a BB data plan) on her phone and the loader worked. Once the update finished, I put her SIM card back. Her phone's working great on version 5.0 so far.
    04-03-10 07:37 PM
    is there any way besides having a data plan >.>
    04-03-10 08:01 PM
    Why would you have to have a data plan to update the os? Sounds strange to me. Ill tell you how to update to 5.0, data plan or not. Do everything all the other posts say to do, download-install-remove vendor. But do not use the exe file. Open BBSAK and connect your BB. Hit the wipe device button. You will get a white screen that says no software on device. Don't freak out. Once BB reconnects to BBSAK, push install os button and it will do the rest. Just be sure the os you want to load is the only one installed on the computer. This will work, DATA PLAN OR NOT. I tried every other way listed in these forums and this is the only one that worked.
    08-15-10 09:35 PM
    I was having the exact same, frustrating issue until I found and deleted a second vendor.xml file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD