hi, imnew to the idea of being able to tether your blackberry to your lap/desktop to get internet access. ive downloaded the tether app but do not at all wish to purchase the app for 50 bucks! so there apparently is a way to do this with the desktop manager and handhel manager which i AM downloading now. but is there anyone out there that has a Tether registry that i can use or breakdown the steps i need to gain internet access from my verizon bb 8330. id be much appreciative. thanks
    04-01-10 09:14 PM
    im pretty sure there is a way not to sure how though myself. but $50 for an app that will more than pay for itself in 2 months if you consider $30 a month tethering plan with verizon isn't a bad deal.
    04-01-10 09:43 PM
    Tether for Blackberry is an amazing product.
    Seriously.
    we are talking the possiblilty to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on a 3G Sprint 8330. (Phone to laptop- Laptop to Xbox)Get it. Its pretty sick.

However the IP will be a bit messed up.
    Like my Gmail IP was like new jersey for one session and like some other state for another.

I'm 16. I bought it during a sale($20) so you could wait till then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 11:22 PM
    check your my desktop manager. I have the ability to tether directly through desk top manager. No app needed.
    04-02-10 10:37 AM
    Desktop manager 5.01, > IP connection. Configure connection settings then connect to the internet.
    04-02-10 10:38 AM
    Its 25 dollars today. Haha. Epic.

04-02-10 03:27 PM
    This is how I connect through Blackberry desktop manager.
    04-02-10 04:51 PM
    The OP is on VERZION not Telus.

On Verizon, using the IP tethering through BlackBerry Desktop Manager will take you to Verizon's website to add a Broadband Access feature to your account before it allows you to access the rest of the internet.

The Tether application is a better deal.
    04-02-10 05:00 PM
    makes no sense to me that all the different providers are so far apart in what they offer.

So the tether program bypasses the providers need for a tether plan ? Can't beleive they haven't jumped all over that if that is the case.
    04-02-10 05:06 PM
    so there apparently is a way to do this with the desktop manager
    he was asking how to do it with desktop though, just showed him how I do it.
    04-02-10 05:09 PM
    i would love to know how to do it ive been thinking about buying the stupid tetherberry thing but i donno if i feel like spending the cash. can you really play on live threw it?
    04-03-10 06:36 AM
    Tether for Blackberry is an amazing product.
    Seriously.
    we are talking the possiblilty to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on a 3G Sprint 8330. (Phone to laptop- Laptop to Xbox)Get it. Its pretty sick.

However the IP will be a bit messed up.
    Like my Gmail IP was like new jersey for one session and like some other state for another.

I'm 16. I bought it during a sale($20) so you could wait till then.

The blackberry internet is not nearly as fast to be playing on xbox live lol
    05-25-11 03:20 PM
    Tethering has been working great for us since we already pay for unlimited data plans (well, 5GB) I figured what does it matter what size of a screen you're looking at. I guess US Cellular thinks I should pay for internet on my phone and on my laptop, BS. The problem came after the first month, I didn't realize US Cellular monitors usage rates and anytime they see a spike in monthly usage they push something that made our USB modems not work. They did it to my LGBliss but all it took was removing the battery for 30 seconds and it worked again. Gotta love dumb phones.

Anybody know how I can get the 8330 to work again?
    05-25-11 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD