LOL ok, this is gonna stur up the hornets nest but when PTT is free till end of someones contract but if the person doesnt know its free and they say yes its $5 cuz their systems not updated isnt that stealing from customer. I called 3 times got 3 different answers but i got it for free cuz i said something that everyone else is.
    If you wrote a check to pay your bill but dont have the money in your account they shut off your phone and they take you to collection agency right? well eye for an eye they charge you $5 for something thats free thats the same too me in my book but ofcoarse the have get out of jail free card!!!!!!
    I would like to see CEO of verizon pay a fine or do jail time cuz of this!!
    Then you will see there systems updated right away and on the ball!!!!

Just a thought and i will get nowhere with this, just my thoughts is all!!
    Maybe its a Tax vent or something but just my 2 cents!!!!
    04-01-10 02:47 PM
    All this over $5? I doubt there is any liability, even there was a credit balance of the $5 they wouldn't turn the phone off for a decent amount of time.

Just my 500 cents.
    04-01-10 02:51 PM
    If they are offering something free, yet charging other customers, write a letter to the better business bureau and to the united states attorney general. Make them aware of this issue..
    04-01-10 02:54 PM
    So...using your logic, if there is a coupon for laundry detergent, but you don't use it (or even know about it), should the grocer or detergent manufacturer go to jail because you paid full price?
    04-01-10 02:54 PM
    Similiar story. I have a Storm that I got in October. I needed to get it replaced in November and lets just say it wasn't the friendliest transaction. Well when the rep gave me my phone they didnt even set my email up or anything. Also, they changed my plan from BIS to BES so I was being charged 15 dollars a month more. Took an hour phone to Verizon to get the credit back to my account. The Verizon rep on the phone actually stated I would have had to be manually changed to BES so that pissy rep at the store did it to me. Verizon customer service just sucks.
    04-01-10 02:57 PM
    All this over $5? I doubt there is any liability, even there was a credit balance of the $5 they wouldn't turn the phone off for a decent amount of time.

Just my 500 cents.

your not getting the point!!!!!!!! $5 x 5,000,000 customers its a big deal! Not to good with Math these days been out of scholl for awhile but i think thats a few buck more then $5

So your saying im the only one with Verizon who as PTT?? LOL

Thats a big DUHHHHHHHHHHH
    04-01-10 02:57 PM
    So...using your logic, if there is a coupon for laundry detergent, but you don't use it (or even know about it), should the grocer or detergent manufacturer go to jail because you paid full price?
    Should the register have the Coupon price in the system saying its available for free?????????????????????????????

Missing the point !!!!!!!!!! update the systems before you make it available!

If i have a coupon saying Free detergent at the register the cashiers says its not in our system and you have a long line and arguing with her saying i have it right here then they have to call the manager then the manager has to take the time to come over!!! Now do you hear me???
    Last edited by airrage; 04-01-10 at 03:13 PM.
    04-01-10 03:02 PM
    The consumer or the people get fined and jail time for things like this. Large companies get to say OH SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE!!!!!
    04-01-10 03:05 PM
    OMG! Are you kidding me with this? You are being ridiculous!

It's a brand new thing. They are still learning. Not all the people have gotten the information. Not all the computers have been updated with the information. Give them break. No one is trying to steal your little five dollars. And 5 Million people are not signing up for this. Certainly not in the past three days. PLEASE!!!

And it's VERY SIMPLE for them to just credit your account if something was incorrectly charged. NO BIG DEAL!!! For goodness sakes, just relax.
    04-01-10 03:25 PM
    Obviously, someone has never worked in customer service or retail. You are not entitled to ANYTHING. There is no law requiring them to tell you every little promotion. ****, they don't even know every little promotion. If you ask, and they purposefully give you false information, then yeah, there's a problem. If they unknowingly give you false information, then oh well. You still have the option of not signing up for it and keeping your money. They are not forcing you to pay for an optional service. If you want it, then yes, pay, or if you know of a promotion, then ask for that.
    04-01-10 03:32 PM
    Obviously, someone has never worked in customer service or retail. You are not entitled to ANYTHING. There is no law requiring them to tell you every little promotion. ****, they don't even know every little promotion. If you ask, and they purposefully give you false information, then yeah, there's a problem. If they unknowingly give you false information, then oh well. You still have the option of not signing up for it and keeping your money. They are not forcing you to pay for an optional service. If you want it, then yes, pay, or if you know of a promotion, then ask for that.
    False information then so that narrows it down to supervisor or CEO

Maybe pass a law for misinformed information , Companies have to pay a fine or something cuz this will never end, The consumers loses if they are not informed of all details! If available and not told about it then how do you choose?

Its just way to easy for companies to get away with this by saying "Sorry for the inconvience"!
    04-01-10 03:44 PM
    OMG! Are you kidding me with this? You are being ridiculous!

It's a brand new thing. They are still learning. Not all the people have gotten the information. Not all the computers have been updated with the information. Give them break. No one is trying to steal your little five dollars. And 5 Million people are not signing up for this. Certainly not in the past three days. PLEASE!!!

And it's VERY SIMPLE for them to just credit your account if something was incorrectly charged. NO BIG DEAL!!! For goodness sakes, just relax.
    Obviously your another one that doesnt get the point! im fine im helping the consumer and relaxed as can be. If they dont have all the info to give out or facts on paper dont release it!!!!!!!!!! Plain and simple. Did you say give them a break are you kidding me? a billion dollar company and give them a break, that is the most dumbest thing i heard in a long time! and for you to say someone is trying to steal my $5 takes the cake! wow your not very smart and dont get the point at all do you!!!
    04-01-10 03:50 PM
    Thread closed.
    04-01-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD