View Poll Results: how many of you have trouble free S2

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% satisfy. trouble free.

87 56.13%
  • slight issue, solved immediately.

35 22.58%
  • some issues, and still stuggle with it.

27 17.42%
  • can't stand it. change to another phone.

6 3.87%
    I have the very first batch of S2 made in Canada. after couple month, I start to have end button issue, and many times hard screen.

just wondering how many of you have trouble free S?
    04-01-10 09:14 AM
    i just got it for 1 week, so far so good, no technical issues at all(got it from ebay, think it was manufactured in october 09)
    04-01-10 09:25 AM
    I had a Storm 1, and I guess I was one of the lucky ones, because I never had a single issue with it. No crashes, no hardware issues... nothing. My only critique of that phone would have to be the small memory capacity. I got a Storm 2 when it first came out, and have been very happy with it, especially since it gave me double the memory space of the Storm 1. No crashes, never had an issue with sticking bottom keys, and my screen has always been perfectly level since day 1. It is a Canadian build (don't know if that has anything to do with it).

My Storm 2 has been a workhorse. I guess the only flaw that I can find with it is I would prefer more battery life, though with the way these OS updates address the issue, I guess its not really a hardware issue. Now, if BB would just get off their *** and release the new Webkit Browser! I would then consider this to be the perfect smartphone.
    04-01-10 09:34 AM
    Got the replacement storm 2 and now have zero issues.
    04-01-10 09:54 AM
    i Loved my S2 but after couple of it, with the hard screen problem , and button issue i switch to a 9700 (i'm From Paris , and my Provider have both 9700 & 9520 ) ....
    04-01-10 09:58 AM
    A trouble free s2 and being 100% happy with it are two different things to me. I love my s2 110% and my phone crashes every now and then (not a lot ) and the keys used to stick before a beer exploded on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 09:59 AM
    All those complaints about bugs, screens, etc that I see posted have not been encountered by me and have had my Storm II for four months now. I have no fear installing stuff that people say are buggy because on mine it works!
    04-01-10 10:09 AM
    Mexican storm2! still on original for 6 months now with no problems
    04-01-10 10:45 AM
    had a release day s2, had the button issues got a replacement phone which was a new build... worked awesome for a few weeks and the problem strikes again
    04-01-10 11:21 AM
    I voted for 100%. Only because of the "no issues". I have never been 100% satisified with any phone, but I have not had any issues with the S2. I never had any issues with the S1 either.
    04-01-10 11:26 AM
    Hungary 3 here, purchased on 10/28 and, other than the update issue in O/S (which everybody had) and ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE my bottom keys a little stiff when on flat surface, I love mine. I even had .320 on it until 3 weeks ago when I finally upgraded to .517 and then Hybrid .591 from OOAK, which solved EVERYTHING! Screen updates my WeatherBug Elite and SmartCalendar and screen touch is awesome.
    04-01-10 11:56 AM
    Mexican storm2! still on original for 6 months now with no problems
    I have two Mexican 9550's and abusing them is my hobby. Never a problem of any kind so far. Crosses fingers!!!
    04-01-10 01:08 PM
    I have the very first batch of S2 made in Canada. after couple month, I start to have end button issue, and many times hard screen.

I probably had the same batch from canada and for the most part, its worked well and have been scared to change and get an even worse device. However, I do have to accept the green button not clicking well at times, multiple clicks (a crunch sound) at the back button area that usually gets fixed with a battery pull, and issues with the device not clicking while flat. in the middle, the device has been very good. Some inconsistant clicking that may require a little more pressure than other screens and a bit of keyboard lag from time to time but all stuff you can deal with.

I did dare to replace it once when they started with the screen fix and the device I got was horrible! Sent it back and never even tried for another...

So the screen is a mixed bag. I love the device overall, but the issues appear to be things I will just have to deal with until storm 3, or whatever new invention comes my way next year
    04-01-10 01:43 PM
    .... Now, if BB would just get off their *** and release the new Webkit Browser! I would then consider this to be the perfect smartphone.
    100% Agree. Love the GPS, click screen, everything. Just get that browser updated and we're good to go.
    04-01-10 01:47 PM
    I probably had the same batch from canada and for the most part, its worked well and have been scared to change and get an even worse device. However, I do have to accept the green button not clicking well at times, multiple clicks (a crunch sound) at the back button area that usually gets fixed with a battery pull, and issues with the device not clicking while flat. in the middle, the device has been very good. Some inconsistant clicking that may require a little more pressure than other screens and a bit of keyboard lag from time to time but all stuff you can deal with.

I did dare to replace it once when they started with the screen fix and the device I got was horrible! Sent it back and never even tried for another...

So the screen is a mixed bag. I love the device overall, but the issues appear to be things I will just have to deal with until storm 3, or whatever new invention comes my way next year
    Are you still using .320? I would really recommend loading .517 and then OOAK's .591 Hybrid on top of it. I got brave enough 3 weeks ago to do it and my Good S2 is now a Great S2! The screen/keyboard works so smooth, apps are faster loading, Media pictures/songs come right up, steadier bars on phone, calls sound better, etc.
    04-01-10 02:37 PM
    Started with Storm 1 last March and Storm 2 on release day last Oct. and outside the initial stiff buttons (which went away with upgrades) with OS .320 have never had any REAL issues, but have also kept to date with hybrids and leaks and all has been GREAT.
    04-02-10 06:33 AM
    Man my S2 is a POS!!! complete junk!! It stopped working after I dropped it into a glass of water. Other than that it has been great!
    04-02-10 07:53 AM
    IMO, waaaayy better than S1
    04-02-10 07:53 AM
    I'm happy with my storm 2. Its a bit of a battery hog. I really do enjoy it
    04-02-10 08:02 AM
    S1 is way worse on batt life than S2
    04-02-10 08:21 AM
    I too had some issues with my Storm and Storm 2. I've dealt with them and returned the phone a couple of times for exchanges. Now (knock on wood), everything is fine and I'm 100% happy with it!
    04-02-10 08:28 AM
    Im really not sure what judgement to make of this model just yet!
    04-02-10 09:55 AM

Why complain? call your carrier and get the revised version. Its a whole different animal. No issues.
    04-02-10 10:58 AM
    Man my S2 is a POS!!! complete junk!! It stopped working after I dropped it into a glass of water. Other than that it has been great!
    Mine too. After I rolled it over with the Navigator the dam screen broke can you imagine that! What a piece of sheit.
    04-02-10 11:00 AM
    Can't find a storm 2 without a hard screen or bat problem but this one lags less and doesn't freeze so I'm happy so far (been like less24 hours tho since I got my 2nd storm2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 11:47 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD