I am on Bell, and bought a lightly used Bell BB Bold 9700 pretty much just to try it out. I put my SIM card in and everything works fine (although I am on an iPhone plan so I don't have push-email)... however for some reason I have working visual voicemail on my device free of charge. I know Bell has a visual voicemail feature add-on that costs $8/month which I am not subscribed to. The visual voicemail icon even works after I reinstall the OS and everything. Did I just get lucky because the seller bought it permanently or something? I am kind of confused.
    03-31-10 10:23 PM
    I am on Bell, and bought a lightly used Bell BB Bold 9700 pretty much just to try it out. I put my SIM card in and everything works fine (although I am on an iPhone plan so I don't have push-email)... however for some reason I have working visual voicemail on my device free of charge. I know Bell has a visual voicemail feature add-on that costs $8/month which I am not subscribed to. The visual voicemail icon even works after I reinstall the OS and everything. Did I just get lucky because the seller bought it permanently or something? I am kind of confused.
    I have heard of SIM cards from an iPhone being used in a BB will carry over Visual Voicemail.
    03-31-10 10:30 PM
    I have heard of SIM cards from an iPhone being used in a BB will carry over Visual Voicemail.
    I don't have voicemail on my iPhone though... I don't have the feature added to my plan in the first place!
    03-31-10 10:33 PM
    by any chance did you buy an at&t bold 9700? The at&t version suports free visual voicemail
    03-31-10 11:35 PM
    I have this app on my phone I haven't tried it out at all yet...is it worth me testing out or just another useless app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 11:38 PM
    What does the visual voicemail do?
    03-31-10 11:38 PM
    visual voicemail basically shows u the voicemail the way a media player shows u a song. U can stop/pause rewind ff anywhere in the voicemail
    04-01-10 12:01 AM
    I find it useful however I wouldn't pay for it, like i said at&t allows it for free
    04-01-10 12:02 AM
    I find it useful however I wouldn't pay for it, like i said at&t allows it for free
    Do u know if its free for t-mobile as well?

04-01-10 12:07 AM
    Do u know if its free for t-mobile as well?

Yes, it is free with T-Mobile, though the provisioning (adding the feature) doesn't always work from the device. You may have to log in to t-mobile.com or call customer care and add the feature, but it is free.
    Last edited by berkdavis; 04-01-10 at 12:14 AM. Reason: edited for clarity
    04-01-10 12:14 AM
    according to this article yes it's fee with tmobile also.

Free Visual Voicemail for BlackBerry 9700 from T-Mobile � Phone Reviews
    04-01-10 12:17 AM
    I have it with tmobile and love it

04-01-10 01:15 AM
    It's free and I love it.
    04-01-10 02:04 AM
    it may be free but I find it annoying, i may shut mine off soon.
    04-01-10 06:21 AM
    Ditto this...I find it very useful and I like that you can pause a message or scroll to a different message in the list since you can see who the messages are from. Nice for someone who gets alot of voicemail.
    04-01-10 07:30 AM
    lol use it and enjoy it
    04-01-10 08:34 AM
    It's weird... On Bell this is a paid service. Could it be that the owner who sold me the BB still has the PIN linked to his account and this is causing it?

04-02-10 01:44 AM
    It's weird... On Bell this is a paid service. Could it be that the owner who sold me the BB still has the PIN linked to his account and this is causing it?

It is very much a posibility, however, it may be temporary.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 01:49 AM
    by any chance did you buy an at&t bold 9700? The at&t version suports free visual voicemail
    I wasnt aware of this. I just got my 9700 about a week ago and when I go to the visual voice mail app it asks me if I have added visual voice mail to my wireless account. I also saw an option that charges for visual voice mail ($8.99 or something in that area) when I was looking at the plans online.

If this is true, I would be happy.

Can somebody clarify this for me. Thanks.
    04-02-10 02:41 AM
    visual voicemail works on a pay per use basis with telus as well as on a monthly basis. if it works the same way with bell you might be paying for each one rather than paying monthly for the service. hopefully your not doing either!
    04-02-10 09:59 AM
    Absolutely love VVM, but would never pay for it. I'm still shocked that at&t offers it for free. Won't hear me complaining.
    04-02-10 10:56 AM
    I have this app on my phone I haven't tried it out at all yet...is it worth me testing out or just another useless app?

USELESS APPLICATION ALL THE WAY ! ! ! delete it and be done.

04-02-10 10:57 AM
    I like VVM... have it free on T-mo....not sure I would pay for it tho.
    04-02-10 11:03 AM
    i just canceled mine last night, i had enough of it free or not
    04-02-10 11:08 AM
    Those of you giving VVM the boot check out Ribbit mobile, they E-Mail you the transcribed email and email you the voice mail in a MP3..... and it's 100% free.

04-02-10 11:13 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD