This hybrid is an add on for 9700 .586, using files from .592 and .607 to fix and enhance the already great experience.

INCLUDED:
    - Base .586
    - Browser from .607 for added speed.
    - Files from .592 for recently used contacts in email!

FEATURES:
    - Recently used contacts for email is BACK!
    - Faster browser
    - Extremely lightweight, as close to original .586 as possible!

HOW TO:

Download 5.0.0.586 from any of the links found on Crackberry or any other website.

Install .586 to your computer, then download the attachment I have included on this post.

Run the hybrid.exe program and make sure that the destination is:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v5.0.0.586_P5.1.0.146\Java

WIPE YOUR PHONE USING BBSAK!!!

Reload your OS through BBSAK or loader.exe method.

You're done!

EXTRA STEPS:

The steps I take afterwards installation are
    - Restore all content, download all apps again
    - Pull battery, wait 1 minute.
    - Pull battery 2 more times, waiting one minute before putting the battery back in.

DOWNLOADS:
    .586: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (Hosted by me!)

Hybrid: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Any/All feedback is appreciated, if more clarification is needed, don't be hesitant to ask! I'm on all the time, so PMing me would work too.

Special thanks to:
    WillyBoy
    HaTaX
    03-31-10 10:07 PM
    Thanks! Does the .exe overwrite the .586 java files?
    03-31-10 10:28 PM
    Yes, all 18 of them lol
    03-31-10 10:28 PM
    Haha - alright. I'll give it a different destination if I try the BBSAK method. The worst that could happen is I'll do the regular method as you describe.

Thanks again for your work on this stuff!
    03-31-10 10:31 PM
    Nice work young man...
    03-31-10 10:33 PM
    Hope you guys enjoy the build! I think I should've called it .586.5. Just a very small incremental update with a better browser and the email feature.

WOAH! 15 downloads in less than an hour? I'm shocked :/
    03-31-10 10:54 PM
    If you have your first hybrid can you just add the files with bbsak?
    03-31-10 11:02 PM
    You'd probably want to just start with a fresh 586 folder and use the v2.5 files. His intention here is to keep it as close to 586 as possible and this way you can reset the slate so to speak.
    03-31-10 11:04 PM
    Yes, and the first hybrid I had was a base of .566. This has a base of .586. But trust me, updating is extremely worth it.
    03-31-10 11:09 PM
    I just did the files are there and so far works fine!
    03-31-10 11:12 PM
    I just did the files are there and so far works fine!
    I can basically guarantee that there will be no issues with 2.5. This is what I like to call "the entry drug to hybrids"
    03-31-10 11:15 PM
    I can basically guarantee that there will be no issues with 2.5. This is what I like to call "the entry drug to hybrids"
    So can you tell me if it really makes a difference if I wipe of just upgrade?
    03-31-10 11:21 PM
    Man, I'm wanting to try this. But DM is giving me issues backing up my third party apps (just in case ). It's only backing up like 4 things when I do the device switch trick. I know BBSAK is broken for backing up third party apps. Why is this so complicated?
    03-31-10 11:22 PM
    Man, I'm wanting to try this. But DM is giving me issues backing up my third party apps (just in case ). It's only backing up like 4 things when I do the device switch trick. I know BBSAK is broken for backing up third party apps. Why is this so complicated?
    Try this

BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP)
    03-31-10 11:24 PM
    So can you tell me if it really makes a difference if I wipe of just upgrade?
    Ever since my first BB I always wiped no matter what. It's just whatever works for you.
    03-31-10 11:31 PM
    which one is better? v2 or v2.5? they were released so closely together.
    03-31-10 11:32 PM
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot! I just did two batt pulls and a PC reboot. I think the new DM version must be broken. Either that, or something about .586 is preventing DM from seeing all my apps.
    03-31-10 11:36 PM
    This will be my first try at a hybrid. Anyone noticing any issues with this yet?
    03-31-10 11:55 PM
    being playing around with it for a couple already and everything is nice and quick.
    app world, BBM, browser, so far is excellent.
    04-01-10 12:03 AM
    xeju, If you've got your windows firewall on, try adding a rule to block loader.exe from accessing any network. That should keep it from talking to the net about what it can and can't do. Otherwise, how many 3rd party apps have you got?

PC, people will love the 2.5, 607 browser and messaging make for the final touches on a great stock OS.

And FWIW, 607 messaging is gtg with recent contacts...
    04-01-10 12:21 AM
    I'm all good with this hybrid. Sorry I got distracted finding a Bag of Crap on the April Fool's Woot! Adventure.

Anyway, I backed up 3rd party apps using MCP then tried loading the 2.5 files via BBSAK. Got an exception. So I used the BBSAK OS loader and everything went fine. I've got all my old apps and settings with the new cods.

Definitely have the show recent contacts option.
    The browser seems snappy over WiFi - one thing I did notice is that hitting the CrackBerry non-mobile site, I see a crisp image of the CB logo immediately instead of the slow-loading pixelized version I'm used to. This could be a fluke though.

So far so good, in any case. Thanks again PC!
    04-01-10 01:20 AM
    ok whats up with the link to 2.5??? its telling me that the file is unavailable?
    04-01-10 01:26 AM
    I wish there was some way to back up the apps with their registration information so you didn't have to re-register all of your paid apps every time you load a new os.
    04-01-10 01:26 AM
    I wish there was some way to back up the apps with their registration information so you didn't have to re-register all of your paid apps every time you load a new os.
    Yeah, I think this is one area in which RIM is sadly lacking. C'mon... I had to poke around for another third party solution to back up my third party apps with any confidence. That should be a built-in function of DM (including registration info). What's crazy is how many people assume that when they do a DM "backup" they're backing everything up. They only find out how wrong they were when they have to restore! Horrible timing!
    04-01-10 01:34 AM
    Huh... here's a weird behavior: My [email protected] email is not giving me a mail icon. The mail to that address is showing up in Messages, but I can't find the individual icon for it.

FYI, I've done several batt pulls and resent service books. Odd.
    04-01-10 02:02 AM
148 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD