Hey there,

This morning my line started giving me "Outgoing Calls Barred" and I am pretty sure that's because my Dad had some problems with his visa card and my network provider wasn't able to get the money for the bill so they cut the line off.

The line is hopefully coming back tomorrow because we already paid hand to hand.

Anyway, when the line cut off, of course the BBM stopped sending and receiving messages. However, I connected to Wi-Fi and strangely it worked just fine. You know the Wi-Fi logo on the top right? It was in white bold when BBM and everything was working (emails, too) but then I shut the phone off and back on and it doesn't do that anymore. Now the Wi-Fi logo is the same old one (not the white bold one) and BBM doesn't work over it, neither do emails.

Does anyone have a solution on how to fix this to get it working again? It just magically worked in the morning, I did nothing special to make it do.

Thanks guys. :dft012:wink
    03-31-10 05:25 PM
    I would try a battery pull. WiFi should work regardless of whether your mobile network does.
    03-31-10 06:07 PM
    If a battery pull doesn't work, try reconnecting to your wifi source, but hopefully your service will be back in soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 06:10 PM
    Didn't work .

I am sure it has to do with my network. Maybe when I shut the phone off and back on my Service Books got removed. They were going to be removed sooner or later even if I didn't turn the phone off, but I guess I took an early leap.

I am sure I'll have to wait for my line to get back up in order to be able to use BBM and the other blackberry services whether Wi-Fi is on or not.
    03-31-10 06:31 PM
    Yes, you will. You aren't paying for BB Data, which includes the cost of BIS, so you aren't going to get any BIS features. It probably just took a bit of time for your account to be suspended on RIM's side.
    03-31-10 08:21 PM
    As Vladzaharia said the suspension of your mobile network contract will also have suspended your BIS contract so I would guess until you pay the outstanding amount you will lose all your BB services via the mobile network and Wi-Fi as your PIN will no longer be active with RIM.

You will be able to use the hotspot browser to browse via Wi-Fi but anything that requires RIM will not work.

The only solution will be to pay the bill and have your account re-activated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD