SOOO how do you get symbols in your name and in dialogue ? By Symbols, not the average ones --- I just recently saw someone have heart, spade, diamonds, etc. Basically everything you see under the symbol font on windows??
    miss cutie likes this.
    06-19-08 04:16 PM
    To the right of your space bar is the symbol button, hit it twice and you get the smileys. (In BB messenger) And welcome to CB!
    miss cutie likes this.
    06-19-08 04:21 PM
    SOOO how do you get symbols in your name and in dialogue ? By Symbols, not the average ones --- I just recently saw someone have heart, spade, diamonds, etc. Basically everything you see under the symbol font on windows??
    Welcome! double click SYM on ur keyboard

Also, does anyone know where you can get more symbols to add to ur BB?
    06-19-08 04:23 PM
    nooo lol im not an ***** i know that lol --- this kid had like a clear heart - and spades and diamonds from a deck of cards -- also he made the symbols in his name red too!
    06-19-08 04:34 PM
    nooo lol im not an ***** i know that lol --- this kid had like a clear heart - and spades and diamonds from a deck of cards -- also he made the symbols in his name red too!
    oh! you can download them, some you have to pay for like Bericons, or extra emoticons you can google blackberry emoticons download and it will lead u
    06-19-08 04:43 PM
    i;ve been trying to find the download for symbols such as the hearts or diamonds, but i can't seem to. can someone please help?
    07-13-08 10:52 PM
    Cool did not lnow that we could add to our smilies. =8')

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 10:55 PM
    What you could do is copy the symbol and add it to your auto-text. Thats what a friend told me to do to get the Clear heart.
    07-14-08 09:26 AM
    this sounds cool, bericons is the program?
    07-14-08 10:06 AM
    I think what you want to do is have the symbols show up next to your name every time, right? From the main BB messenger window, press the menu key. Select "edit my info". Use the symbol key to add icons to your name. Page two has the faces.
    07-30-08 09:46 AM
    ^ not talking about the preloaded smileys etc.

07-30-08 12:21 PM
    could someone send me them too i really want the heart!!!!!! x
    08-24-08 09:34 AM

♠♣♥ email these to you from there select one copy it exit to your main screen go to options auto text create new if youre going to save the heart type in heart in replce than on with paste the symbol
    09-04-08 12:55 PM
    BUMP! I wanna knowwww! LOL
    09-04-08 02:17 PM
    I found out that if you go through Wingdings (or similar text) you can email them & set each as an autotext. Now I have symbols, smilies, blackberry logo all ready to insert into my emails/messenger.
    Last edited by not4no1; 09-04-08 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    09-04-08 02:26 PM
    I found out that if you go through Wingdings (or similar text) you can email them & set each as an autotext. Now I have symbols, smilies, blackberry logo all ready to insert into my emails/messenger.
    Mind explaining that a little clearer than mud there buddy...

Dm
    09-04-08 02:58 PM
    ☁ ♡ ♥ ☇ ⌣ ♋ 

Jus copy and name them into your auto text and your good to go.

Shout out to phil for the symbols.

09-04-08 03:05 PM
    There are other threads focusing on the Blackberry logo. So I will try to explain the Wingding method.

First you need a computer & open Microsoft Word.
    Change text to Wingdings (this was the font I used, I haven�t tried the other symbol fonts.)
    Type the characters you want to use. i.e. 
    <<<not all symbols work, or are recognized by blackberry-this was trial & error>>>

Once you have the  or whatever symbol you choose, email it/them to your berry. This doesn�t need to be a separate email for each symbol, pile them all in there.

Once you receive the �symbol� email, copy the symbol & either paste directly into an email (one time thing) or �

�Open Options>AutoText>Menu>New

Then type the Replace: text (i.e. bx)
    Then paste the copied symbol into With: (i.e. )

Save your entry & use whenever.

Did this help, or make it worse?
    09-04-08 03:17 PM
    dammit I posted some from my BB nut they didnt come out right.
    09-04-08 03:19 PM
    Just found out...if you use colored fonts, the color transfers to your berry. So a red heart is no problem.

I also thought I should mention this is on OS 4.5 (HTML email)
    09-04-08 03:24 PM
    nice stuff!
    09-04-08 07:42 PM
    ☁ ♡ ♥ ☇ ⌣ ♋ 

Jus copy and name them into your auto text and your good to go.

Shout out to phil for the symbols.

what do these mean? If you could explain what each one was, then I could possibly know what I'm using. Thanks for taking your time to help.
    09-04-08 08:07 PM
    thanks for all the help!!! the WINGDINGS method worked, and i got a bunch of dope new symbols for my BB now! (problem is, all my contacts are asking me how to do it now... hahaha)
    09-05-08 03:50 AM
    thanks for all the help!!! the WINGDINGS method worked, and i got a bunch of dope new symbols for my BB now! (problem is, all my contacts are asking me how to do it now... hahaha)
    Now you just give them the link to this thread
    09-05-08 04:06 AM
    will do! "sharing is caring!!!" thanks again...

(btw, cudnt find the spades/diamonds etc on wingdings, so i guess i have to copy it from this thread?) hehe
    09-05-08 04:12 AM
263 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD