Hey All,

So, I cannot STAND the new SMS format with the 5.0 upgrade...its like BBM, but I want the old SMS back! Furthermore, my "beyond160" app doesn't work with it! Is there anyway to go back to the old SMS format, and if not, any tips on how to get beyond160 to work with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    03-30-10 09:19 PM
    The only way to get the old SMS interface back is to downgrade to an OS older than 5.0.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-30-10 09:24 PM
    its called Threaded text messaging.. something Blackberry should have had on there phones a long time ago

if you dont like threaded text messaging.. downgrade back to 4.7 OS
    03-30-10 09:25 PM
    I also hate the threated SMS's, but rather than having to downgrade your OS to remove threaded texting, I would like to see RIM give us a choice. That would be a good option for a future OS upgrade.
    03-31-10 06:27 AM
    Is there a way to turn off the visibloe checkmarks that show your message was sent in 5.0? The old version it was in the SMS outbox folder and never shown but this new one it shows it and its a bit of an eyesore.
    03-31-10 07:02 AM
    I'm still trying to decide if the pro's outweigh the Cons enough to downgrade or not. I don't mind the threaded but I do mind sms and bbm intermigling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 09:57 AM
    with push r to reply being required it is about the same as 4.7... p**s poor way to implement threaded sms...
    03-31-10 10:03 AM
    I like it but I think people will start to treat it like messenger...and send multiple sentences (texts) as if they were on a messenger. I think it will be more annoying for the reciving party rather than the sending party. Plus if u can't control it you better upgrade to unlimited texting hahaha.

03-31-10 10:03 AM
    so if you send an SMS to a person on your BBM contacts, does it send a text or a BBM? I have a limited text plan, would this help me?
    03-31-10 10:07 AM
    I like it but I think people will start to treat it like messenger...and send multiple sentences (texts) as if they were on a messenger. I think it will be more annoying for the reciving party rather than the sending party. Plus if u can't control it you better upgrade to unlimited texting hahaha.

your right i have found myself doing that exact thing hitting enter after a couple of words or something. Then it kicks in ..."krap that person doesn't have a BB" i'm blowing their phone up lol. So far no one has complained. I try my best to keep it in check. Overall though i really like threaded SMS myself.
    03-31-10 10:11 AM
    Is there a way to turn off the visibloe checkmarks that show your message was sent in 5.0? The old version it was in the SMS outbox folder and never shown but this new one it shows it and its a bit of an eyesore.
    Go to Options>SMS Text>Delivery Report>OFF
    03-31-10 10:15 AM
    wow @ pplz NOT liking threaded sms/mms....man, i came to BB in july from Palm Treo, and they've had threaded sms on there for a while. its the best....makes ya text inbox more neat & clean, less clutter. and yeah BB should have had this eons ago.
    03-31-10 10:51 AM
    I don't understand why sent messages are showing up on my SMS inbox along with received ones, I did go to options and selected to hide sent messages but it doesn't seem to be working, anyone have any thoughts? Of course this only started happening after the upgrade to 5.0.....
    03-31-10 11:31 AM
    dont understand why someone wouldnt want it
    03-31-10 11:41 AM
    i just upgraded my tour today and the only thing i am having a problem with is that the delivery of a sms text does not show the time delivered...old version used to...anybody know any different?
    03-31-10 11:52 AM
    Threaded SMS is where its at!!!
    If you don't like it downgrade..

03-31-10 01:50 PM
    ^Seriously thinking about it! Or maybe just send every text as an MMS! Or better yet, just CALL them! hahaha
    03-31-10 01:56 PM
    i just upgraded my tour today and the only thing i am having a problem with is that the delivery of a sms text does not show the time delivered...old version used to...anybody know any different?
    It does. Move your cursor to the message, and at the top it'll say Sent (or Received) @ 1:59p or whatever.

Having come from the iPhone and Palm Pre Plus, I was sorely missing threaded texting. But I got the Tour knowing it was coming. I love it. It makes keeping up with the conversation a lot easier.
    03-31-10 04:13 PM
    I removed BBM (followed the instructions from another post (don't have the link handy), but you go to Blackberry.com or to App World, download BBM (install over what you have now) so that it can be removed later (when you upgrade your OS, the initial install does not allow it to be removed). Once you reinstall it, you'll then have the ability to remove it via setup / add-on applications and for the most part, it is back to the old way (with the added emoticon and slight look and feel difference)... I don't have threading or anything else, just a prettier version of the old SMS look and feel (removing BBM removes the SMS BBM integration)..

Hope this helps...
    03-31-10 06:23 PM
    It does. Move your cursor to the message, and at the top it'll say Sent (or Received) @ 1:59p or whatever.

Having come from the iPhone and Palm Pre Plus, I was sorely missing threaded texting. But I got the Tour knowing it was coming. I love it. It makes keeping up with the conversation a lot easier.
    true but the old version told you when it was delivered....this this does not. not really a big deal just kind of irks me..
    04-03-10 02:23 PM
    how do you get the upgrade? my friend said she got the notice on her phone but i havent gotten it! DYING to have the new sms!!!
    04-03-10 08:44 PM
    Linzie, do you have bbm? I can walk you through it...

04-03-10 08:46 PM
    with push r to reply being required it is about the same as 4.7... p**s poor way to implement threaded sms...
    You do not have to hit R to reply to text or bbm. Its simply there as a convenience if you have scrolled up the thread. If you don't need the convenience then scroll back down to the text box.

04-03-10 08:58 PM
    Linzie, do you have bbm? I can walk you through it...

yes yes i have bbm
    04-04-10 09:24 AM
    so if you send an SMS to a person on your BBM contacts, does it send a text or a BBM? I have a limited text plan, would this help me?
    the standard texts rates still apply.
    04-04-10 09:33 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD