While browsing and getting some info about the differences between the Blackberry curve 8520 and 8530, i was amazed to find out that the curve 8530 doesn't support a expandable memory support for a hot swappable micro sd card, and even worse it doesn't support the SDHC format either, what is that when even the old 8530 had this area covered, why is this... if you don't think it's true find out for yourself! Blackberry.com and compare both devices... any comments about this cause I'm kinda confused i thought my device supported up to a 32G sdhc card?????
    03-30-10 09:18 PM
    Hehereh

You mean the "compare devices" charts on th BB site? You'll see such strange info there.

85xx series do support SDHC cards. I have a 8GB on mine.

The 'size' of the card is OS dependand, with OS 5.0 being able to use 32b cards.

Nothing you need to worry about.
    03-30-10 10:03 PM
    While browsing and getting some info about the differences between the Blackberry curve 8520 and 8530, i was amazed to find out that the curve 8530 doesn't support a expandable memory support for a hot swappable micro sd card, and even worse it doesn't support the SDHC format either, what is that when even the old 8530 had this area covered, why is this... if you don't think it's true find out for yourself! Blackberry.com and compare both devices... any comments about this cause I'm kinda confused i thought my device supported up to a 32G sdhc card?????
    The 8520/8530 supports cards up to 32GB with OS 5. I have a 16gb in mine and yes they are hot swappable. The sd card is off to the side. You open the back but can swap the card without removing the battery.

Everything you said is a load of garbage.
    03-31-10 06:04 AM
    I looked, and they really didn't add a memory category, but it should be a given that it does considering they are the same phone, but for different carriers. I'm not gonna complain though, I know mine does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 06:58 AM
    I've had an 8gb MicroSDHC card since I got my 8520 even when I was on 4.6. And yes, it IS hot-swappable.

03-31-10 10:02 AM
    The 8520/8530 supports cards up to 32GB with OS 5. I have a 16gb in mine and yes they are hot swappable. The sd card is off to the side. You open the back but can swap the card without removing the battery.

Everything you said is a load of garbage.
    Garbage that I thought was true... Given the fact it was posted on Blackberry's own website! so watch what u say to others!!!
    03-31-10 10:45 AM
    Garbage that I thought was true... Given the fact it was posted on Blackberry's own website! so watch what u say to others!!!
    Sorry but... Not sure I follow... do you mean what Jack said is garbage? Don't take offence, I just didn't get the whole sentence.
    03-31-10 12:04 PM
    The very first page for the 8500 series here is what it says about the 8520:

Long-lasting battery
    Hot swappable microSD� card

URL: BlackBerry - Curve 8530 Mobile Phone - New BlackBerry Curve 8530 Phone

What website you were looking at? The BlackBerry website clearly states this on the landing page for the phone series.
    04-01-10 10:38 AM
    Maybe they fixed it lol. Wasn't there when I checked. Considering I own one I know they do anyway

04-01-10 12:54 PM
    Don't worry creep138 you aren't wrong in what you read but fortunately you are incorrect in that they do support SDHC and ARE hot-swappable.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

Scroll down on that page to Memory, and expand it by clicking the arrow on the right side

That jackbox mother****er needs to shut his f'ing mouth and watch how he talks to people.
    04-02-10 01:23 AM
    I know, I just got a 4 gig sdhc, does the job, cuz I take a lot of pics.

04-02-10 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD