i used to be a dedicated Blackberry user but buckled under the pressure of a friend to try out a pocket pc model phone. i tried it, pretty much hate it. i'm planning on switching back to a blackberry on my next upgrade this next month.

My question to you all is this...which is the best model of Blackberry to get today? i've been gone for a while and dont know what the best blackberry model AT&T has to offer right now. does anyone have any suggestions for which to get...or if i should wait because a new better model is suppose to come out soon?

i'd appreciate any help or suggestions...
    03-30-10 06:41 PM
    The 9700 is by far the best BlackBerry model on the market.

256mb of memory
    Trackpad instead of track ball
    Great battery life
    Great screen 480x360
    More compact size
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 03-30-10 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Got a detail wrong.
    03-30-10 06:44 PM
    9700 dude - cant go wrong

9700 has 3G
    03-30-10 06:45 PM
    9700 dude - cant go wrong

9700 has 3G
    You are correct. I was thinking 8900 for some reason.
    03-30-10 06:48 PM
    I agree 9700! Lets move the thread to the ATT Forum, so more ATT users can see it and weigh in.
    03-30-10 06:59 PM
    I am using the 9700 right now and came from a 9000. I find the keyboard to be too small and I don't have large hands. If it weren't for the optical pad, I would switch back. I still might actually

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 07:51 PM
    As said above, if you can deal with the uncomfortably small keyboard size, the 9700 is the device to get on AT&T. The reception is far superior to other BB 's on AT&T.

03-30-10 08:18 PM
    ok, great. i'm going to give it a shot. i'm excited now...these are some great endorsements. what are some of the features that stand out?
    03-30-10 09:32 PM
    ok, great. i'm going to give it a shot. i'm excited now...these are some great endorsements. what are some of the features that stand out?
    See posts #2 & #3. Those are the major features

03-30-10 09:50 PM
    It is all relative, better vs better for YOU!. I had the 8900, thought it was th bomb, did a warranty exchange for a BOLD 9000, never looked back!! yes the 9700is slick, with the track pad and memory, but you cannot escape the awesome FEEL of the 9000. the amount of phone in your hands is fantastic. the speakers, beautiful. try them all and see for yourself what your needs are, I tried the 9700 ,it is not for me the BOLD is it!! *edit* and the BOLD's roomy keyboard is a must for many of us once you have the BOLD for a while other phones just don't cut it .
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 03-30-10 at 10:13 PM.
    03-30-10 10:07 PM
    another phone coming soon is the Blackeberry slider/touchscreen to drop soon,supposedly sprint & ATT maybe that is too your liking also. if so yiu might llike the storm and storm 2

blackberry slider � Search Results � Boy Genius Report
    03-30-10 10:21 PM
    What kind of Berry did you have before? I'm surprised nobody asked as that might be good indicator of your preferences. I've read a few folks that come from 83xx Curves don't like the keys on a Bold style device. Or they love it Me, I'm torn between the 9000 and 9700.

Here's my quick list, pros and cons style:

Bold 9700
    Pros
    Keyboard is easy to use one handed with good action
    Camera 3.2 with autofocus takes pretty good pics
    TrackPad is fantastic!
    Battery life is A++
    Easy to pocket size
    256mb memory
    Solid radio picks up a better signal than any BlackBerry I've had

Cons
    Build quality isn't the greatest on mine (easy to fix and mine is an early model)
    External speaker isn't nearly as fantastic as the 9000, but its good for a phone

Bold 9000
    Pros
    Best keyboard ever! A little harder to use one handed compared to the 9700 (I have kinda small hands for a guy) but in BlackBerry prayer position it has grace, space, and pace
    Build quality is solid on mine
    Screen is fantastic! 480x320 but is physically larger and looks way better than the 480x360 screens on the other BlackBerry's
    Sound quality for the external speaker is insane for a phone!
    Feels great in the hand(s)

Cons
    Shouldn't even have a camera it sucks so bad
    Battery life. I used to use two batteries in a day compared to my 9700 using one with the same usage (OS 5.0 may improve this)
    Trackball can get finicky (using an 8900 trackball fixed this for me)
    128mb memory (I never had issues)

Curve 8900
    Pros
    Keyboard has decent action. Space between keys makes it easy to touch type
    Camera (same as 9700)
    Good build quality
    Decent battery life (9700 beats it for me)
    Best trackball
    Same screen as 9700
    256mb memory

Cons
    External speaker is tinny and too quiet
    Earpiece is too quiet
    Keyboard keys are to small (personal preference)
    Charging port on right side
    Headset jack on right side and to close to the volume keys
    A little slower than either of the Bolds
    No 3G

It really does boil down to trying them out and going for the one that feels right, but I hope this helps.

03-30-10 11:12 PM
    What kind of Berry did you have before? I'm surprised nobody asked as that might be good indicator of your preferences. I've read a few folks that come from 83xx Curves don't like the keys on a Bold style device. Or they love it Me, I'm torn between the 9000 and 9700.

Here's my quick list, pros and cons style:

Bold 9700
    Pros
    Keyboard is easy to use one handed with good action
    Camera 3.2 with autofocus takes pretty good pics
    TrackPad is fantastic!
    Battery life is A++
    Easy to pocket size
    256mb memory
    Solid radio picks up a better signal than any BlackBerry I've had

Cons
    Build quality isn't the greatest on mine (easy to fix and mine is an early model)
    External speaker isn't nearly as fantastic as the 9000, but its good for a phone

Bold 9000
    Pros
    Best keyboard ever! A little harder to use one handed compared to the 9700 (I have kinda small hands for a guy) but in BlackBerry prayer position it has grace, space, and pace
    Build quality is solid on mine
    Screen is fantastic! 480x320 but is physically larger and looks way better than the 480x360 screens on the other BlackBerry's
    Sound quality for the external speaker is insane for a phone!
    Feels great in the hand(s)

Cons
    Shouldn't even have a camera it sucks so bad
    Battery life. I used to use two batteries in a day compared to my 9700 using one with the same usage (OS 5.0 may improve this)
    Trackball can get finicky (using an 8900 trackball fixed this for me)
    128mb memory (I never had issues)

Curve 8900
    Pros
    Keyboard has decent action. Space between keys makes it easy to touch type
    Camera (same as 9700)
    Good build quality
    Decent battery life (9700 beats it for me)
    Best trackball
    Same screen as 9700
    256mb memory

Cons
    External speaker is tinny and too quiet
    Earpiece is too quiet
    Keyboard keys are to small (personal preference)
    Charging port on right side
    Headset jack on right side and to close to the volume keys
    A little slower than either of the Bolds
    No 3G

It really does boil down to trying them out and going for the one that feels right, but I hope this helps.

Great post, all of them were. it helped put it all into perspective. thanks a lot everyone.

i had a curve 8310 lol...it was one of the older blackberries even when i brought it. i loved the phone though and nothing i had felt the same since.

i think im going to give the 9700 a try...it seems like the phone with the least negatives. if we dont click then the 9000. feels great to be back. BB definitely has an awesome community.
    03-31-10 03:43 AM
    Had the 9000, now I have the 9700. The trackpad takes a little getting used to. Overall a much better device. Love having over 100MB free memory. I have way more apps loaded also. Battery life is exceptional compared to the 9000. I use to have to charge daily, now I can go 2-3 days without a charge. I personally like a smaller device and the 9700 with the Otterbox Commuter case is still easy to pocket. I will say the keyboard is smaller and takes a little patience at first.
    03-31-10 06:21 AM
    if youre sticking with AT&T, as everyone has staed, go with the 9700, its an awesome Berry
    03-31-10 06:35 AM
    i used to be a dedicated Blackberry user but buckled under the pressure of a friend to try out a pocket pc model phone. i tried it, pretty much hate it. i'm planning on switching back to a blackberry on my next upgrade this next month.

My question to you all is this...which is the best model of Blackberry to get today? i've been gone for a while and dont know what the best blackberry model AT&T has to offer right now. does anyone have any suggestions for which to get...or if i should wait because a new better model is suppose to come out soon?

i'd appreciate any help or suggestions...
    Hi, which BB did you end up getting? I switched to the 8800 last year when a friend of mine bought the iPhone and gave me his 8800. I did the same thing you did - switched to a Winmo phone, hated it. Switched back to the old 8800 and the improvement was amazing! Basic quality of the phone calls is vastly superior. I wanted wifi so I bought a refurb 8820 and I'm extremely satisfied with it. It came in absolutely brand-new condition and works every bit as good as the 8800.
    04-12-10 11:13 PM
    I would recommend the 9700.
    04-12-10 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD