When I put the phone on the table (even when it is inside a silicone case), I can hear like something is loose...like two pieces touch each other.
    If I tap on the top back part of the phone - I hear the same thing. Tapping middle to bottom of the phone - nothing. If I press against the chrome bezel at the top and tap - I hear nothing. Also, if I shake the phone I can hear absolutely nothing loose, it is only when the top part of the phone touches hard surface, like table or me tapping on it.
    It is not loose...maybe something inside or behind the top part of the chrome bezel. Also the bezel does not seem loose at all.
    No biggie, other than my OCD for loose/noisy parts drive me nuts.

Any one else have this issue?
    03-30-10 05:36 PM
    I just shook my phone right now and I hear something loose. But it's not that big
    a deal really. The phone works fine
    03-30-10 05:43 PM
    I had something loose on my first bold, it caused the vibrate to sound really weird. Second one this bold is built perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 05:58 PM
    I hear nothing but the sound of wind passing by my ear from skaking the phone next to my ear
    03-30-10 06:02 PM
    Nothing on mine is loose. I must have been lucky, zero issues in three months.
    03-30-10 06:21 PM
    I don't hear anything. hmmm.
    03-30-10 06:31 PM
    No issues with my 9700 either, seems to really be hit or miss.

03-30-10 07:06 PM
    Nothing here either when i shake my phone.. I think I read here that some ppl think its the camera assembly?
    03-30-10 11:29 PM
    Well, when I throw mine against the floor, sometimes pieces fall off. It's kind of annoying. You'd think RIM would build a device that would take this kind of abuse.

OK, so I like to kid. I'm not having any issues, but I'm also running a Chinese battery cover, so who knows...
    03-30-10 11:47 PM
    i had 2 9700 never had anything losee except the first one battery cover would always seem to pop out.. second is purrrrfectt
    03-31-10 12:30 AM
    Mine seems fine. Never had a problem except when I took it apart and put it back together. The bottom piece where it shows your carrier's name was really loose. Bent the pins back and its fine now.
    03-31-10 01:16 AM
    Well, when I throw mine against the floor, sometimes pieces fall off. It's kind of annoying. You'd think RIM would build a device that would take this kind of abuse..
    For a brief second, I fell for it. Who treats their bb like that?!

03-31-10 02:28 AM
    Nothing here either when i shake my phone.. I think I read here that some ppl think its the camera assembly?
    I don't hear anything when I shake it....rock solid. I only hear it if I tap lightly with my finger on the top back, or simply put it on a desk.

Interesting suggestion - the camera....maybe it is the camera?! I am yet to take a non-blurry picture with this phone, perhaps that's the reason.
    03-31-10 09:40 AM
    I'm pretty sure that when I shake it the small thing I hear is the trackpad.

03-31-10 11:01 AM
    Wow I went to shake my 9700 to see if mine does
    what the OP's does, instead, I hear my battery moving
    back and forth inside!! I hope that ain't bad!!!
    Thanks guys, now I'm worried, lol WTF

On another note, my trackpad does click when
    scrolling on it, but its been staying perfectly flush
    and works excellent, go figure...
    03-31-10 11:31 AM
    Mine seems fine. Never had a problem except when I took it apart and put it back together. The bottom piece where it shows your carrier's name was really loose. Bent the pins back and its fine now.
    omg mine does the same thing, right out of the box, and i never took it apart at all!

how did you fix this? it is the most annoying thing about my phone.... everytime i press the spacebar it makes a noise.
    03-31-10 11:46 AM
    Wow I went to shake my 9700 to see if mine does
    what the OP's does, instead, I hear my battery moving
    back and forth inside!! I hope that ain't bad!!!
    Thanks guys, now I'm worried, lol WTF
    Guys, you're messing up with my OCD ...not when I shake it, when I tap it, as I said - when I shake it, it is rock solid
    03-31-10 12:50 PM
    Guys, you're messing up with my OCD ...not when I shake it, when I tap it, as I said - when I shake it, it is rock solid
    Lucky you lol, mine sounds like a Headbangers Ball
    going on inside now, don't remember it being that
    way when I first purchased it. Maybe too many BP's
    03-31-10 03:26 PM
    Lucky you lol, mine sounds like a Headbangers Ball
    going on inside now, don't remember it being that
    way when I first purchased it. Maybe too many BP's
    Oh, if mine would make noise when I shook it I would probably loose my mind I am way to "sensitive" to noisy things/loose parts...if you ask my wife she'll tell you that I already crossed the line between sanity and crazy.
    04-01-10 02:34 PM
    a leaning trackpad. that would be it.
    04-01-10 02:36 PM
    I have also read that it is the camera assembly...specifically the auto focus that can produce a little rattle and that its perfectly normal...something to that effect if I remember correctly

04-01-10 06:52 PM
    Most 9700's i've ever seen had the same exact problem. Pretty sure it's more common then not, so I wouldn't sweat it at all. Mine does it too, but you learn to live with it. My advice would be to A) stop casually tapping your phone where you hear the noises as that is not what people should do with their phones to begin with LOL, and B) relax knowing that it's more common than not and that there are many other build quality issues that are far worse.

As for those of you who complain about a loose bottom cover, I had the same problem, but I ordered a new unbranded one from dealsishop.com and it fit tight as anything. Just order it for $7.99, then when you receive it, pop off your current one and replace it with the new one. It will snap into place and you're set.
    04-02-10 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD