Here is what happened.....

I downloaded Monster's Inc on my bold so my 2 1/2 year old could watch it. I gave it to him to watch in the car while I was driving. Mistake ONE! after watching for about 5 minutes I noticed in my rearview mirror that he had stopped watching and started to look out the window, i asked if he was okay and no answer... 2 minutes go by and he says " daddy i'm sick" then he throws up everywhere!!!! yep... even on my phone!!! how do I clean my Bold? i've done the alcohol with Q-tip and compressed air, wipes, you name it... I can't get that smell out. ( my appologises to the weak stomach readers out there)

there is a lesson to be learned here...don't let kids watch movies on your phone while driving...they get car sick!
    03-30-10 02:42 PM
    OMG... I'm surprised it's even working!! No clue how you could clean it well without taking it apart.
    FWIW, my 8yo likes to take videos using my 8900 and whenever he does, I know its going to take me a while to get all of his grubby little fingerprints off my screen! Kids and BB's are not a great combo.

Good luck!
    03-30-10 02:50 PM
    oh man that is rough, IDK I think I would opt for new parts at that point. You may want to open it up and see if anything is inside....
    03-30-10 04:27 PM
    oh man that is rough, IDK I think I would opt for new parts at that point. You may want to open it up and see if anything is inside....
    Usually small piece of carrot.

Insurance or new housing are probably the only choices the OP has.
    03-30-10 06:37 PM
    oh when i first read this thread's title, i thought you went to a car wash. but yuck your kid threw up on a bb.that is sad.
    03-30-10 09:12 PM
    i guess I may be buying some new parts then... I've used my bluetooth more these last few days then I ever have.... its funny watching other people use my phone, so maybe I'll suck it up and leave it the way it is....hahahaha
    03-31-10 08:20 AM
    I would never let my kids use my new berry! I'm sorry to hear about the mishap! I have the original 8300 Curve that we now use for kids only. There's a bunch of videos on there for when we go on trips. My kids are not getting their hands on my 9700! Lol

Also, you should shut the radio off if you give them the phone in the future. Despite the lack of definitive research, radiation from the phone cannot be good for kid's developing bones. Just a thought...

Hope all is well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 08:47 AM
    Sorry to hear that. What I've heard to do is remove all parts. (Sd card, sim card, etc. ) Soak in alcohol. (Rubbing alcohol) remove to a sealable container with enough rice to cover. Or u could use silica gel packs. the alcohol will evaporate quickly and If there is any foreign material, it will be absorbed in the rice. My wifes phone fell into the dogs water bowl. It seemed to work for that mess.
    Here is what happened.....

I downloaded Monster's Inc on my bold so my 2 1/2 year old could watch it. I gave it to him to watch in the car while I was driving. Mistake ONE! after watching for about 5 minutes I noticed in my rearview mirror that he had stopped watching and started to look out the window, i asked if he was okay and no answer... 2 minutes go by and he says " daddy i'm sick" then he throws up everywhere!!!! yep... even on my phone!!! how do I clean my Bold? i've done the alcohol with Q-tip and compressed air, wipes, you name it... I can't get that smell out. ( my appologises to the weak stomach readers out there)

there is a lesson to be learned here...don't let kids watch movies on your phone while driving...they get car sick!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD