After almost a year with my Bold, the trackball won't scroll down at all. It will scroll up, left, and right but NOT down. I have tried many attempts. I have pushed it down hard and scrolled all around. Nothing. I have used a Qtip with a little rubbing alcohol on it and "cleaned" the trackball. It didn't fix the problem.

Now I'm thinking of going to the AT&T store where I got the Bold and seeing what they could do for me. So, does anyone know what AT&T will do to solve this extremely annoying conflict?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 02:06 PM
    You are not alone... there is another thread in the forum about cleaning the track ball with a simple drinking straw and also alchohol. This worked a treat for me. Still probably will need to change the ball or at least take appart my beloved Bold and clean it properly, but for the time being the drinking straw worked a treat.

FOund it - try this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-stuck-146357/
    03-30-10 02:12 PM
    But does anyone know what the AT&T rep. will say if I bring my Bold to them? Will they give me a new phone? A refurbished phone? Send it back for repair?
    03-30-10 02:28 PM
    they'll replace i believe if your under warranty and bought it from that store (don't quote me on that).
    03-30-10 04:25 PM
    If under one year warranty, do not repair it yourself.
    Return it to ATT for exchange.
    03-30-10 04:47 PM
    If under one year warranty, do not repair it yourself.
    Return it to ATT for exchange.
    sometimes, even if you exchange will probably get more worse condition
    03-31-10 09:30 AM
    I had track ball issues after 6 months and they exchanged it. They won't exchange it in the store, you need call the support line and they will mail you a new phone. The process was completely painless, I had a new (or refurbished, I dunno but it's as good as new) phone within 3 days, and they mail you a prepaid shipping label to mail the broken one back. Totally worth it for a like-new phone.
    03-31-10 07:34 PM
    i had the same issue while i was in aruba. but the local provider there fixed mine on site. but it did cost me a few bucks. im glad i can still use mine back home in the usa.
    03-31-10 07:38 PM
    The one thing that bothers me about BB's...ppl's horror stories with the trackball...well maybe not horror stories, but still, quite an inconvenience it seems.
    04-01-10 01:03 AM
    Trackball issues dam!
    04-02-10 10:00 AM
    Trackball issues dam!
    i guess you will have wobbly trackpad sooner or later
    04-02-10 10:05 AM
    I did not have a straw in the house, as one member suggested, but I did have rubbing alcohol. I rubbed some on my thumb, then rolled it around the trackball, and the ball became unstuck. That worked.
    04-11-10 12:30 PM
    I had the same issue with my 9000 1 week before the 1 year warranty expired. I called them and they sent another one to me. I continued to fiddle with the ball and got it to working before the new phone arrived but still swapped them out. The new phone will have a 90 day warranty or till the end of the 1 year warranty, whichever is longer.
    04-11-10 12:42 PM
    If it's past your warranty, just replace the trackball. Buy a new one from Dealsishop and then open your phone yourself or pay a guy at a cell repair place $20 to replace it for you. Takes 10 minutes, is a great and cheap fix, and you have a brand new trackball. I put a new keypad on at the same time, as I am a heavy user and it was getting worn. Feels like a whole new phone afterward.
    04-11-10 05:36 PM
    Periodically, I spray my trackball with a can of "Compressed Gas Duster"....typically used to clear the dust, dirt from your computer keyboard. It works! I've had my Bold since its birth in '08. Once I spray it, its like new again. Don't spray it too close to the trackball or you'll see the screen blink. Just spray enought to get the trackball light to come on. I've tried the alcohol too, but that's just to clean the ball...get it white again.
    04-16-10 11:01 AM
    If it is still within the one year time frame dont do anything yourself take it back to AT&T first no point in screwing it up yourself....
    04-16-10 11:06 AM
    gaaaaawd, this brings back PAINFUL memories (k, compared to what's going on in the congo this is kindergarten, but in bb world...). i've had my 9700 now for about a month and it is the SHIZZZZZZZ.

jump ship and get one. if you're on another carrier, just unlock it. best cell deal i ever made.
    04-16-10 11:13 AM
    Call or go by AT&T if you are still under warranty. If you are near a big city (they have one in St Louis) they probably have a warranty repair center. My friend and I drove to St Louis and they had it fixed with a new trackball in about five minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD