Anyone out there with OS 5.0 tried the Gmail Mobile App yet (not Gmail IMAP w/BIS)? The problem the Tour has always had is the notifications for Gmail don't work...or if they work when the Gmail Mobile App is first installed, they get lost as soon as the phone is rebooted. Then even uninstalling Gmail and reinstalling it doesn't fix it.

If it's working on your Tour with OS 5.0, after a phone restart, do you still have Gmail Messages as a choice under "Profile | Set Ring Tones/Alerts | Other? What typically happens is the "Gmail Messages" doesn't display unter "Other" so you can't change email notifications, LED settings, nothing regarding the Gmail Mobile App.

(PLEASE...don't recommend I use Gmail IMAP w/BIS...at least not unless it's October already and RIM has added all the Gmail features that are still missing)
    03-30-10 12:44 PM
    Yes, this bug has been fixed in all the 5.0 builds I have tried. It was happening for me with the BeeJive notifications as well on the 4.7 builds. Everything works good now.
    03-30-10 12:48 PM
    i dont know if this is related but I'm missing the Google Search i used to have in QuickLaunch. i'm not sure if this was an app i had or what but it's not there, and it's not there after i installed Google mobile. I dont know what's going on. i have 2 folders for the same gmail account now.
    03-30-10 12:49 PM
    Yes, this bug has been fixed in all the 5.0 builds I have tried. It was happening for me with the BeeJive notifications as well on the 4.7 builds. Everything works good now.
    Thanks, mrberger. If you don't mind, I just want to confirm that the Gmail option is still there under +Other (Notifications) even after a restart? I want to be absolutely sure before I go back to Verizon this afternoon and take the Palm Pre Plus back (only got it because the Tour wouldn't work with the Gmail Mobile App). Many thanks!
    03-30-10 01:31 PM
    i have been using the Gmail plug in on .419 now for about three months. My only complaint is it just isn't fast. Like the refresh rate on it has long durations in between when it checks for new messages. Other than that it all works fine for me. I prefer it much more than the other way. ...for now.
    03-30-10 02:35 PM
    For your Google search, go to Browser, hit menu menu key, then select options. Go to Browser Configuration and make sure default Search Provider is set to Google. Not sure why you have 2 email icons, may need to delete, then re-send service books. Just make sure you don't have emails that you want to save prior to deleting.
    03-30-10 02:51 PM
    I guess I shouldn't have taken the Palm back and went back to the Tour. Even after upgrading the Tour to OS 5.0 this problem DOES still exist. The Gmail Mobile App installs fine and works, but the first you reboot the Tour, you lose the ability to change notifications or alerts as "Gmail - New Message" is no longer under "Other" on the Sounds and Notifications Profile.
    03-31-10 02:42 PM
    I guess I shouldn't have taken the Palm back and went back to the Tour. Even after upgrading the Tour to OS 5.0 this problem DOES still exist. The Gmail Mobile App installs fine and works, but the first you reboot the Tour, you lose the ability to change notifications or alerts as "Gmail - New Message" is no longer under "Other" on the Sounds and Notifications Profile.
    I just checked, mine works as it should, sorry to hear about this problem.

Try launching the Gmail app, and see if the settings return, and if your custom settings are still there.
    03-31-10 03:05 PM
    After you reboot, open the Gmail App. Then look under "Other."
    03-31-10 03:05 PM
    I just checked, mine works as it should, sorry to hear about this problem.

Try launching the Gmail app, and see if the settings return, and if your custom settings are still there.
    I just came back from the VZW store where a tech couldn't figure it out, either. Then the light bulb came on...when I was rebooting the phone I was looking first in Profile|Notifications/Alerts and it wasn't there. So I tried turning on Gmail and "then" looking, and it was back under "Other" where it should be.

I see danimal1968 just recommended the same thing. Thanks!
    03-31-10 03:41 PM
    I use this app called StartMeUp so each time the phone reboots, it just starts the Gmail app back up automatically
    03-31-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD