So i have a storm 2 which i upgraded from a storm 1 because i had had 3 storm 1 replacements in a period of like 3 months. My storm 2 screen had a small chip in the screen when it arrived and it was small and manageable until just yesterday when i was trying to use the phone, the screen locked up as i'm sure other storm 2 users have experienced. I pressed firmly on the screen to try to click what i needed to and the cracks spread across the rest of the screen. I've decided blackberry touchscreens are just bad, constantly having issues.

So i'm going to try to convince verizon to send me a different phone. I figure if they sent me a storm 2 because storm 1 sucked, then maybe they'll send me something else since storm 2 sucks. I really hope they don't tell me this is my fault and that i need to go to insurance, because that would just fail. If that happens i guess i'll have to wait another 6 months till upgrade time. Anyone know the policies on this?

I'm wondering whats the best verizon phone to buy right now. Is there going to be another awesome phone in the next few weeks/ months that i should hold out for? I am liking the looks of the android phones.
    03-30-10 11:51 AM
    So i have a storm 2 which i upgraded from a storm 1 because i had had 3 storm 1 replacements in a period of like 3 months. My storm 2 screen had a small chip in the screen when it arrived and it was small and manageable until just yesterday when i was trying to use the phone, the screen locked up as i'm sure other storm 2 users have experienced. I pressed firmly on the screen to try to click what i needed to and the cracks spread across the rest of the screen. I've decided blackberry touchscreens are just bad, constantly having issues.

So i'm going to try to convince verizon to send me a different phone. I figure if they sent me a storm 2 because storm 1 sucked, then maybe they'll send me something else since storm 2 sucks. I really hope they don't tell me this is my fault and that i need to go to insurance, because that would just fail. If that happens i guess i'll have to wait another 6 months till upgrade time. Anyone know the policies on this?

I'm wondering whats the best verizon phone to buy right now. Is there going to be another awesome phone in the next few weeks/ months that i should hold out for? I am liking the looks of the android phones.
    The Multi Fru policy is gone, so you will get the Storm 2 again and again and again and again and again and again and again....whoa

A cracked screen is considered physical damage and is not covered under the warranty. You would have to file an insurance claim. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no carrier is going to replace broken phones for free.
    03-30-10 11:54 AM
    They replaced my broken storm 1s for free even after it was no longer under warranty.
    03-30-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD