Anyone else think, feel, or notice that Blackberry apps have been more of an after thought to the likes of Andriod and iPhone app markets for some developers?

Now in some cases you might see an app or a few apps you've been waiting a while for that's completely new to the app market. The only thing is that it's either one, developed only for the iPhone and Andriod market, two, you'd have to wait for months for it, and three, the developers decide to make it compatible for only one blackberry device that you don't even use.

Me personally, if I developed an app that wasn't to one app market, it would support as many devices of different brands or carriers that it could support. More money for me!

Please share your thoughts if you ran into any of these situations.
    03-30-10 10:47 AM
    You just have to realize that BB has so many different phones with different hardware and software. The iphone has only 1 basic OS and android is the same way so it's alot easier to create an app for those first and there's a "bigger market" to both android and iphone. It really sucks, but I don't care to have a lot of apps other than the ones I use almost everyday.
    03-30-10 11:07 AM
    Exactly, in many ways BB app development is more difficult compared to iPhone/Android.

If there's any "afterthought" involved it's on RIM's part for not creating an easier platform/dev environment for potentional app developers.
    03-30-10 11:11 AM
    I totally understand that tho. I like to compare the blackberry to ps3 sometimes, great platform, but a little more difficult to develop for, as apposed to the Wii (iPhone), or Android (Xbox), But whats a little more development to make it multi platform, it's a win win situation. Im happy with the apps that I use to date, but there are a few out there not available for my device that could be very very useful to me. It does suck but it is what it is i guess
    Last edited by SPACE-AGE-INC; 03-30-10 at 12:00 PM.
    03-30-10 11:27 AM
    Do what I did, get an ipod touch for the apps and use the storm for the phone. I have both the 3G and 3GS, I found as a phone itself (assuming its un jailbroken) the iphone was lacking. But, when you jailbreak it and add in all the apps, then you have yourself something.. I'm picking up my 32 gb ipod this week so I will get all the apps that I've paid for back.

But yeah, the S2 is a much better phone wise then the Iphone is. If/when Verizon gets the iphone, I wont even consider it if it cant be jailbroken. No mulitasking just kills that phone. I love to have pandora on while surf, text etc..
    03-30-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD