So I'm currently using Sprint's .484 with no problems. However, I'm finding that it's preventing me from getting pushed items from VZW, such as Skype, the VCAST App thing, and Backup Assistant (and I can also still use Google for searching). I'm thinking that if I upgrade to the official VZW 5.0, I'll start getting the pushed stuff. But I've heard that the browser is really annoying in .591 - how bad is it?
    03-30-10 09:48 AM
    i just upgraded to vzw's 5.0 last night on my tour and i am not having any issue with a browser click at all
    03-30-10 09:51 AM
    I haven't had any issues, much quicker is all I noticed
    03-30-10 09:52 AM
    It's pitiful. I can't speak for anyone else in this regard, but it's a problem that Verizon has absolutely no excuse for ignoring. Shame on whoever worked on this release for Verizon.

I was pleased to see the official update had finally arrived until this atrocity plagued it.

Bottom line: major FAIL, Verizon. You don't put off an official OS release this G-D long and let an issue like this slip through the cracks. I'm not giving .591 any more time than it deserves, so I'll be looking for a leak or hybrid very, very soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 09:58 AM
    Damn, so what is the problem with it? Does it not register clicks in the browser or something?
    03-30-10 10:12 AM
    mine works fine as far as i can tell....not sure what the problem is people are having. i have been running 5.0 for a month or so, but ran the official vzw 5.0 this morning, no problems.
    03-30-10 10:22 AM
    I am not having the click issue. I think it actually may be faster browser on my phone than the leaked versions.

03-30-10 10:23 AM
    I don't know if this is the 'click' issue... But when I'm on the internet I have to click several times on a link for it to go thru.

That's pretty annoying.

03-30-10 10:23 AM
    That is the click issue. I used to have it but don't anymore with the official os 5

03-30-10 10:24 AM
    I never had this problem with 4.7. Lucky me!

03-30-10 10:30 AM
    I don't know if this is the 'click' issue... But when I'm on the internet I have to click several times on a link for it to go thru.

That's pretty annoying.

Thats what the OP is referring too.
    03-30-10 10:32 AM
    Damn, so what is the problem with it? Does it not register clicks in the browser or something?
    Correct. I'd be much less frustrated right now if the issue wasn't with well over 50% of my internet usage. This is grade-A BS.

03-30-10 10:33 AM
    What happens if you try an alternate browser, like Bolt or Opera Mini? Does it have the same problem in that as well?
    03-30-10 10:56 AM
    I'm running the leaked .591 and this clicking issue happens very rarely. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    03-30-10 11:01 AM
    So I'm currently using Sprint's .484 with no problems. However, I'm finding that it's preventing me from getting pushed items from VZW, such as Skype, the VCAST App thing, and Backup Assistant (and I can also still use Google for searching).
    No matter what OS I run I never seem to get applications 'Pushed' to my device, many others have the same problem. So what you have to do when a new application is pushed by your carrier and you don't get it is: Go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table. Hit Menu >Register Now. You should have the applications you mentioned above now, check the 'Applications' folder...
    03-30-10 11:06 AM
    I'm havng that problem. It actually happened to me right away, after I loaded up the software I went on the browser. The first link I clicked on, didn't go. I had to move the cursor off of the link and then click it again for it to work. But y�u can also just hit the enter key when over a link and works fine. But its still pretty annoying. Especially since vzw waited so long to release it, at least I thought it would have been flawless.

03-30-10 11:09 AM
    I'm havng that problem. It actually happened to me right away, after I loaded up the software I went on the browser. The first link I clicked on, didn't go. I had to move the cursor off of the link and then click it again for it to work. But y�u can also just hit the enter key when over a link and works fine. But its still pretty annoying. Especially since vzw waited so long to release it, at least I thought it would have been flawless.

Yup it is annoying but just click enter works for me, ill survive

03-30-10 11:19 AM
    No matter what OS I run I never seem to get applications 'Pushed' to my device, many others have the same problem. So what you have to do when a new application is pushed by your carrier and you don't get it is: Go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table. Hit Menu >Register Now. You should have the applications you mentioned above now, check the 'Applications' folder...
    Unfortunately, that didn't work... I still get the message saying my phone was registered with the network, but I don't get any of the pushed apps - even after a battery pull. Oh well.
    03-30-10 11:26 AM
    I had the Official 4.7 upgraded Last Night to Official 5.0 and i have the Bug, i have to Click and Move off 2-4 times for Almost every Link. Im not on the Browser To often so im Just Gonna Deal with it but it's Extremely Ignoring, but the Goods of 5.0 out weight it for me cause i dont use the Browser that much.
    03-30-10 12:02 PM
    I've done this several times on mine and it never works. I just get a message saying my bb is registered and thats it.
    03-30-10 12:11 PM
    i have had no problems clicking at all.
    03-30-10 12:12 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone already mentioned this but it's not that bad. It happens on my phone. But all you need to do is "zoom-in" and it the link will work.
    03-30-10 01:20 PM
    Two things...

First of all, anyone who pays attention knew that the .591 leak had a browser click issue...albeit less than lower versions of 5.

Secondly...push the darn enter button instead of clicking the trackball (IT DOES THE SAME THING PEOPLE) and you have no problem.
    03-30-10 02:50 PM
    Two things...

First of all, anyone who pays attention knew that the .591 leak had a browser click issue...albeit less than lower versions of 5.

Secondly...push the darn enter button instead of clicking the trackball (IT DOES THE SAME THING PEOPLE) and you have no problem.
    The enter button suffers from the same issue as pushing the trackball in. Trust me, I normally use the enter button anyways.
    03-30-10 03:50 PM
    Bad, but it was definitely worse in the .530 and .548 leaks.

Two things seem to aggravate the problem and cause it to show its ugly face, at least for me.

1] When clicking a link that comes in the form of a "button." I have issues with clicking most buttons on most websites.
    2] When clicking a linked image, such as a jpeg file. It seems that clicking a picture that is linked to another page causes the click not to register much more often as well.

Other than these two, most of the time (most!!) textual links work as normal. On the rare occasion though, some text links will not "take" either. Aside from the two cases above, it seems quite random.

As others have suggested, pressing the "enter" key does work sometimes. Other times, both the trackball "click" as well as the "enter" button do not work for quite a few clicks. If you scroll around a bit or zoom in some this will usually correct the issue on a one-time basis!

Argggh. VZW, I love you, but what were you thinking? Waiting 4 months to release bugs to your customers? From a CS/TS standpoint, people will be calling in concerning this constantly... What headaches they've allowed for themselves.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by d5115r; 03-30-10 at 04:15 PM.
    03-30-10 04:12 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD