Ok so I have been searching high and low for a way to block SMS messages from certain numbers..... AND found through tons of searching that Verizon customers can log onto their verizon account and block 5 numbers..... instructions below....

Go to: verizonwireless.com
    Click "Messaging" (nothing in the drop down just messaging)
    To the right you will have an option to "sign in" (may have to create account)
    Sign in and it will bring you back to the same page
    Click on "Account" at top
    It should show your phone and plan information, to the right of that is a list of "Account Actions", at the bottom of that list is "Set Spam Controls"

Just add the numbers and click "Apply"

i tested it with my friends number and it worked! Hope this helps some people, its been driving me crazy!
    03-29-10 06:55 PM
    All you had to do is ask, we could have told this.
    03-29-10 07:09 PM
    LOL.... i figured there would have been a post about it already, i search on the site, google and all and couldnt find it.... figures haha
    03-29-10 07:23 PM
    Thanks for posting this! I just used it to block all texts coming from the web and/or e-mail. Maybe that will help.
    04-07-10 11:46 AM
    This may be a stupid question, but can you use this to block the text message that you have a new voicemail so that the only notification you have is the tape icon at the top of the home screen?
    04-07-10 12:39 PM
    I just tried adding my cell phone number, and it didn't save it.
    07-03-10 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD