Hey guys. First post here.

The other day I updated my device software to .545 and discovered I lost the games. Word mole, sudoku etc. I also lost Tasks, documents to go which came as standard.

Hope you guys can help please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 03:23 PM
    Hey guys. First post here.

The other day I updated my device software to .545 and discovered I lost the games. Word mole, sudoku etc. I also lost Tasks, documents to go which came as standard.

Hope you guys can help please.

PS - I did see an option to restore these apps, but something about wiress configs needed to be changed??

03-29-10 03:35 PM
    Go back to DM and go to Application Loader. Then go to Update Software. Look for a place to customize the install and you should be able to select which apps to load and update. That is where you need to check Tasks, Docs to go, and the games wanted.
    03-29-10 03:46 PM
    Check your Downloads folder because everytime I upgrade for some reason they all end up in there.

03-29-10 03:51 PM
    Go back to DM and go to Application Loader. Then go to Update Software. Look for a place to customize the install and you should be able to select which apps to load and update. That is where you need to check Tasks, Docs to go, and the games wanted.
    I think i discovered the problem. When I used DM on my partners laptop, it said something about configuring wireless connection (Bluetooth?). However, I did what you said above, on the original PC (this one) - it works. The games, and missing apps are being reinstalled. Thanks jbonnot03.

Check your Downloads folder because everytime I upgrade for some reason they all end up in there.
    Thanks for this, I forgot to say that I checked everywhere in my device for it, including the Downloads folder.
    03-30-10 01:33 PM
    I got the games and apps back on my blackberry.... BUT my 9700 has been downgraded back to .423 !!! Can I ask if it is at all possible to upgradfe WITH the gamws/apps that were omitted last time???

03-31-10 03:49 AM
    I got the games and apps back on my blackberry.... BUT my 9700 has been downgraded back to .423 !!! Can I ask if it is at all possible to upgradfe WITH the gamws/apps that were omitted last time???

As long as you have the OS that you want installed on your PC, then you should be able to install the desired OS and should have the option to install the "missing apps". When you start the upgrade process, keep an eye on the top right of your DM screen. There is a button up there that will allow you to remove or install apps. I think this appears once you select the OS and then hit next.
    03-31-10 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD