I'm with Verizon and my phone is a Tour and from reading everyone's recent posts, they have gotten the "skype" and "PTT" apps pushed by VZW. I've done several battery pulls and refreshed my Verizon App list and have not received anything. Anyone else not getting these apps pushed to their phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 12:11 PM
    Ptt will not be pushed due to you'll need 5.0 OS to use it and also if you really want skype then download it OTA, don't sit around waiting for it to be pushed.

03-29-10 12:16 PM
    Oh and I had to resend service books for sk�pe to be pushed.

03-29-10 12:16 PM
    Its not that I want these apps. I'm more concerned as to why its not pushed to my phone. More of a curiosity.

03-29-10 12:22 PM
    I dont seem to get things pushed to my phone either, os you're not alone.
    03-29-10 12:34 PM
    SKype should be the only app that will be pushed
    03-29-10 12:39 PM
    My understanding is the BlackBerry Enterprise customers will not have Skype pushed to them, only BIS will get the new icon automatically. Maybe that's your issue?
    03-29-10 12:44 PM
    Nope I use BIS

03-29-10 02:40 PM
    send your service books then. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing table, menu, Register now
    03-29-10 02:41 PM
    send your service books then. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing table, menu, Register now
    I've done this a number of times, and still nothing pushed. I don't really care right now, but it is weird, and I hope that I don't miss out on anything in the future.

I went to the BIS site for Verizon, and it gives me some error about not being able to view service books via HTML (or something like that)? Any ideas?

Thanks.
    04-01-10 01:48 PM
    Just go to the Verizon home page on your handheld and download the app there. There's no saying why you did not get the shortcut pushed to your device.
    One of life's little mysteries.
    FWIW, I got the Bing shortcut, but no Skype or Social Beat.
    04-01-10 03:02 PM
    Just send Service Books.
    04-01-10 05:41 PM
    Here I was thinking it odd that other people I work with who have Tours on VZW had things pushed to theirs that I've never seen. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's had this problem. I haven't get Social Beat or Skype pushed yet either.
    04-05-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD