My current 9700 has an issue with the speakerphone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It turns off by itself. That's not the only issue, the main issue is the chrome trim in between the keyboard rows is broken in two places. 1st and 2nd rows.

It just cracked by itself. I called T-Mobile and spoke with two reps. They both refuse to replace my phone under warranty due to "cracking and dropping not being covered." I advised them that I did not drop the phone, not once, not ever. They still refused.

So upon advice of my friend, if you just tell them the phone drops calls despite settings being reset, they'll replace the phone. It's a shame that you have to stretch the truth just to get a replacement for something that's obviously a manufacturing defect. The keypad on my 9700 is also squeak city. So annoying, these phones.

The 9000s were the best Blackberrys. If only they had a trackpad and more internal memory.
    03-29-10 11:53 AM
    have had only one and I purchased it when it originally was release back in Nov for AT&T
    03-29-10 11:55 AM
    have had only one and I purchased it when it originally was release back in Nov for AT&T
    same here still on my first from att since nov.
    03-29-10 11:56 AM
    Maybe you guys aren't so picky? haha. Sigh
    03-29-10 11:57 AM
    I'm on my second one. The first had an issue with static on calls. Replacement works fine with calls but has buggy issues probably associated with the OS (ATT 405) - like dropping my setting for "audible click" for the trackpad and changing some profile options for no apparent reason. Have to do a hard reset to correct as the built in reset nor 3rd party reset programs do not work. Overall I like my 9700.
    03-29-10 12:01 PM
    same here still on my first from att since nov.
    same here still on my first since Nov...

Maybe you guys aren't so picky? haha. Sigh
    Absolutely. nothing wrong with the device, no squeaks or slanted trackpad etc...
    03-29-10 12:08 PM
    I'm on my second. The first kept restarting out of nowhere. This one has been pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 12:13 PM
    On my first TMO; .330 Wobbly Trackpad//overall fully functional ;-D
    03-29-10 12:23 PM
    Only one, AT&T, bought in Jan. Working flawlessly.

03-29-10 12:25 PM
    The one I have currently was my 5th replacement, phone no. 6.

All 5 previous phones had physical flaws (ie. buttons clicking twice, creaking bezels, loose battery door, lock button not working, crooked and raised keypad, etc.).

Now that I've had this phone for a while, the bezel is not super tight. You will never find a perfect one that will remain that way for the life of the phone. I'm very picky. I'm coming over from a 9000 and before that an iPhone. The nice thing about the iPhone was that it was physically rock solid. I still love my 9700 though. I've learned to live with it.
    03-29-10 12:28 PM
    i'm on my second, it's a refurb. 1rst had a loose bezel, very loose trackpad, crashed 3 times in just over a month. The refurb is rock solid so far.
    03-29-10 12:42 PM
    first one...had it for two months...no problems yet.
    03-29-10 12:49 PM
    I am on my third 9700 since the day it was released.
    03-29-10 12:53 PM
    Still on my 1st one, working fine.

03-29-10 01:05 PM
    I have an original release Nov 22 2009 Bold. I have had no problems with it but then again I'm not a problematic person.
    03-29-10 01:06 PM
    My current 9700 has an issue with the speakerphone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It turns off by itself. That's not the only issue, the main issue is the chrome trim in between the keyboard rows is broken in two places. 1st and 2nd rows.

It just cracked by itself. I called T-Mobile and spoke with two reps. They both refuse to replace my phone under warranty due to "cracking and dropping not being covered." I advised them that I did not drop the phone, not once, not ever. They still refused.

So upon advice of my friend, if you just tell them the phone drops calls despite settings being reset, they'll replace the phone. It's a shame that you have to stretch the truth just to get a replacement for something that's obviously a manufacturing defect. The keypad on my 9700 is also squeak city. So annoying, these phones.

The 9000s were the best Blackberrys. If only they had a trackpad and more internal memory.
    Nothing "cracks by itself", you a an educated consumer should know that no warranty covers physical damage and expecting for Tmobile to do so is ridiculous. They rightfully declined you, next time take better care of your device and don't put it in your pocket.
    03-29-10 01:09 PM
    Still on my first. I guess I'm ultra gentle on my phones because my 8310 has like 1 scratch, my trackball doesn't even stick. I'm a master barber with my own shop and my phone is in constant use. Txt, email, calender appts, etc. I wonder how your destroying your phones.

03-29-10 01:20 PM
    On my second one. First one died on me one night. Corrupted OS. I couldn't even reload it through the nuked OS guide. Just refused to connect to PC. Also it had creaky bb/back button and the silver bezel had a massive gap on the right.

03-29-10 01:24 PM
    Still on my first 1, bought it in December.
    03-29-10 01:43 PM
    First and only since 11/18. Its perfect! (AT&T for those on wap)

03-29-10 01:50 PM
    Agreed that the 9000 is better built than the 9700 and I do wish also that the 9000 had a trackpad. I would be all over that. Just seems that the quality has left the 9700 from what we had on the 9000
    03-29-10 01:52 PM
    I've had the same one since release day, my trackpad is slight tilted but that does not affect the performance/functions of the device. Some of you are just too picky.

03-29-10 01:55 PM
    On my first, but I've only had it for a little over a week. My bezel creaks/clicks but its not a big deal. I havent had any problems with it besides that.

I dont want to risk getting a device with even MORE problems
    03-29-10 02:04 PM
    Only one since November (even with some nasty "naked" falls). My wife is still on first one since November.
    03-29-10 02:48 PM
    I'm on my second. The first one had a defective bezel. It would click, as if it wasn't securely in place below the right convenience key. The new one they sent me was even tighter, but I decided not to be picky about it until another issue came up.
    03-29-10 02:54 PM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD