I tired to use the JL Cmder thread in the How To, but it has been locked. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. My 9700 is stuck on reboot. From other threads it seems others are having the same problem. My solution was to use JL to wipe and restore the OS. The problem I am having is JL cannot find the device and simply states "Connecting to device." If anyone has come across this and can help, I appreciate the info.

If there is no fix here, can I be assured the data on the device is unrecoverable should I chose to do a warranty exchange?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    03-29-10 09:50 AM
    Try one of these:

How to Recover a Nuked BB

Installing the OS when the PC Won't Recognize the Device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the links. I got it fixed.
    03-29-10 01:07 PM
    Going forward I would use BBSAK not JL
    03-29-10 02:23 PM
    This happened to me today - while traveling away from home! I picked up my phone to place a call and noticed it was in the process of rebooting, but the progress bar never went past 60%. I tried soft and hard resets (battery pulls), but the phone seemed to be bricked.

I took the phone to AT&T as I didn't have access to my laptop to try BBSAK. The AT&T tech guy said he couldn't reload the OS (progess bar also got stuck), and thinks the internal memory must've fried somehow. I left the store with a refurbished phone, which is fine by me as my old one was a little scratched up.

The only thing that peeves me is having to change PIN# with all the various third party apps.

Does this seem plausible, phone working fine one moment, and bricked the next, due to sudden frying of internal parts?
    06-18-10 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD