IS their any other place to get apps besides here (which I do like this site)and the app world form RIM to choose from? any ideas where to get more apps for the BB other then email apps just looking for more to do w.the bb besides email..lol thanks
    03-29-10 06:14 AM
    Explore CrackBerry's list of free OTA apps along with CrackBerry App Store and BlackBerry App World for apps to customize your BlackBerry!

There are TONS of apps available!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 06:52 AM
    Yeah your right but for some reason I keep coming a cross a bunch of apps for emails lol ill keep looking around

03-29-10 08:04 AM

BeBuzz is useful!

BerryBuzz extends your default Blackberry alert system. BerryBuzz allows you to customize the LED color and create repeating audible reminders for many alert types.

It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.

i enjoy listening to Slacker Radio

MaraTick is a great free list app!

MaraTick OTA Download

If you have Netflix, you may like:

Movela Netflix Queue Manager is a mobile Netflix companion for your BlackBerry. The application allows Netflix subscribers to search the full Netflix movie library, browse popular Netflix categories and lists, manage your DVD and instant queues, and keep up to date with entertainment and movie news from some of today's most relevant sources.

Purchase via BlackBerry App World!

There's a few good non email apps.

03-29-10 08:18 AM
    It's simple. Blackberry apps have to be small because they cannot be saved to media cards. So we can't get the apps iphone owners can, because if we did our phones would crash.
    03-29-10 09:09 AM
    So I'm seeing that iphone is better in apps =( I went with bb 8520 cause it was free but I might get the 9700

03-29-10 10:08 AM
    I think you picked the wrong device. Don't bother with the 9700; it's just "nicer" than the 85xx.
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 03-29-10 at 02:07 PM. Reason: I had said 9700 had more room than 85xx which isn't true!
    03-29-10 02:01 PM
    I think you picked the wrong device. Don't bother with the 9700; it's just "nicer" than the 85xx.
    well 9700 has 3g built in..8520 does not.. and you mean device as in bb rather then going iphone?
    03-29-10 05:19 PM
    I didn't realize that 8520 wasn't 3G.

But what I meant was if you don't like the selection of apps for your 8520, it's not going to be any different on the 9700. They even have the same amount of device memory. You may be happier with an iPhone.
    03-29-10 05:50 PM
    There are some great apps out there that no one has heard of (mine, for instance).

Yes, there's more I could be doing to promote the app, but I think a lot of the difficulty lies in the Blackberry app stores. They are difficult to use, and the search functions for all of them leave much to be desired. For instance, if you search for "Cell Plan Tracker" on mobihand, the results returned (sorted by "relevance") give CellPlanTracker as the 46th most relevant app. The iPhone store actually gives you results that are relevant, so it's easier to find an app you want.
    03-29-10 05:55 PM
    The relevance search works ok as long as you don't mix up splitting up the words or combining them based on the app name.

If you search cellplantracker, your app is the only result. Likewise if the app name was split up and you searched as one word it wouldn't return correctly.

The other problem is probably the fact that people often don't configure the tags for searching...
    03-29-10 06:16 PM
    well honestly speaking...ive had the 8310 and now the 9700. i know a few personal friends with the 8520 so i got to actually mess with the phone...and i gotta say i really wasnt pleased at all. my old curve is faster, easier to tinker with, and has more space. (remember you can always get a memory card). my 9700 is a beast in all aspects. as far as the iphone..i dont know that much about it but the people that i know with one have to keep getting new ones because it crashed, cracked, caught a virus, or isnt responding with thier itunes...whatever your desicion, good luck !! lol
    03-29-10 06:21 PM
    I have a hard time believing the 83xx is faster than the 8520, simply because that makes no sense based on the hardware...
    03-29-10 06:24 PM
    It's simple. Blackberry apps have to be small because they cannot be saved to media cards. So we can't get the apps iphone owners can, because if we did our phones would crash.
    Well there is at least one thing true about this statement - you can't put apps on a media card. Now lets examine the rest of your statement. First, the fact that an app is big means nothing except that it is most likely inefficient. Also, if you have 2 gig of apps and 6 gig of music/video on an 8 gig iPhone (I know this isn't exact, just trying to make a point) and you want to add a new app, what do you have to do? You have to delete an app or some media because the iPhone can't use a media card. At least with a BB you can carry 32 gig of music/video without worrying about running out as you can just put a new card in. I'm not bashing the iPhone, I think it has a lot of great features, but unlimited space isn't one of them.
    03-29-10 09:10 PM
    i know a few personal friends with the 8520 so i got to actually mess with the phone...and i gotta say i really wasnt pleased at all. my old curve is faster, easier to tinker with, and has more space. (remember you can always get a memory card).
    You either had a severe issue with the 8520 or your original Curve had nothing on it. The processor alone is over 38% faster and the new Curve has 4 times the memory so there is absolutely no way your statement could be true IMO. On my original Curve I was always at 25-35mb of free memory, on my new Curve it sits between 115-120mb of free memory. On my old curve flipping pages in eReader took over a second, in the new curve it is almost instantaneous. My old curve had an hour glass showing every time I switched apps, the new curve just does it, no lag, no wait.
    03-29-10 09:18 PM
    I didn't realize that 8520 wasn't 3G.

But what I meant was if you don't like the selection of apps for your 8520, it's not going to be any different on the 9700. They even have the same amount of device memory. You may be happier with an iPhone.
    Well I know the apps are the same its the phone it self,( lol i should have written that out a little better) but the 8520 does not have the 3g so,for paying for data plan i might as well go with the 9700 cause it has 3g on it so @ least im able to have some what better speed then of the 2g network cause now im just using the wifi @ and home its fast..
    03-30-10 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD