I've had enough waiting and wondering. I'm going to Verizon site after this and order a Tour... Geez this is getting ridiculous. Prices floating around now are $299 with $100 mail in rebate, etc, etc, for a trackpad and wifi. No thanks.

I waited for 3 months... Done.
    03-28-10 09:07 PM
    Thats not a bad price with the rebate.
    03-28-10 09:11 PM
    I've had enough waiting and wondering. I'm going to Verizon site after this and order a Tour... Geez this is getting ridiculous. Prices floating around now are $299 with $100 mail in rebate, etc, etc, for a trackpad and wifi. No thanks.

I waited for 3 months... Done.
    Tour 9630 is a great phone. I don't really need wifi and have no probs with trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 09:12 PM
    Thats not a bad price with the rebate.
    True, but can get a Tour for $49. Give it the 5.0 and not bad device.
    03-28-10 09:12 PM
    Qq moar plx
    03-28-10 09:29 PM
    I have been waiting for this phone since like october. I finally gave in and got the tour. It was free cause we had a 2 year credit and my mom got her storm 2 for free buy one get one. so it worked out. I really do like the tour and wish i never waited and just got it back in october. Im also excited for os 5.0 to come out tomorrow.
    03-28-10 09:50 PM
    I did the same thing. yesterday i went and got the tour. it is a great phone have no complaints. and when 5.0 comes out tomorrow with threaded text it will be perfect for what i need.
    03-28-10 09:54 PM
    I've been in and out of BestBuy and Sprint several times and I came within a moments hesitation of just getting the Tour 9630 to replace my Curve 8330. I just can't bring myself to do it simply because I know that as soon as I do, and I use my upgrade to get the old Tour, the new Tour/Bold whatever will be announced with a release date just a few days past my 30 day return window!!!
    03-28-10 09:57 PM
    I got the Tour earlier this month and I love it, but I think I'm shipping it back tomorrow and then I'll wait for the new Bold. I want the trackpad.
    03-28-10 10:14 PM
    I got the Tour earlier this month and I love it, but I think I'm shipping it back tomorrow and then I'll wait for the new Bold. I want the trackpad.
    after playing with the curve, I did not like the trackpad that much.
    03-28-10 10:25 PM
    after playing with the curve, I did not like the trackpad that much.
    Really? I loved it. I played with it on the Bold 9700 one day and that one felt more responsive than the Curve's. I wouldn't mind the ball if it wasn't so slow when it comes to response time when I touch it. I don't care much for the WiFi (no need for it) but I want the trackpad so I don't have to worry about scrubbing my hands like I'm in a hospital prior to navigating.
    03-28-10 10:29 PM
    ha i gave up last week. once i found out that i have to wait for the WES i said the **** with it and bought a tour. hasn't came in yet tho but will tomorrow I CAN'T WAIT! it will be my first blackberry and with the new OS im sure it will be a great phone.
    03-28-10 11:29 PM
    I REEEEALLY want to wait for the new Tour/Bold whatever it's calling itself these days but umm I just put my curve in the washing machine on accident and must travel for work later on today so I may get the Tour as a replacement. Hopefully either my phone dries by the time i have to leave or the new phone is released within 30 days lol!
    03-29-10 12:43 AM
    This thread pushed me over the edge. F@ck the impending release, I just ordered the 9630.
    03-29-10 05:37 AM
    I gave up end of Feb - and love love my 9630! I was coming from the Pearl, so just about anything was gonna be a step up. I've had no trackball issues - I must have nongreasy hands. It's a beautiful phone! And it was free with my NE2 - well almost free, had to pay $7.00 for tax.....

I'm sure I'll suffer a moment of "Damn, I should've waited" if they finally announce the Bold in like the next few weeks - but, for me, it was not worth waiting until summer for what little you get above the 9630.
    03-29-10 08:34 AM
    Really? I loved it. I played with it on the Bold 9700 one day and that one felt more responsive than the Curve's. I wouldn't mind the ball if it wasn't so slow when it comes to response time when I touch it. I don't care much for the WiFi (no need for it) but I want the trackpad so I don't have to worry about scrubbing my hands like I'm in a hospital prior to navigating.
    it seemed like i was not able to get the touchpad to respond when i moved my finger, the arrow would just stay half the time.
    03-29-10 09:07 AM
    I have been enjoying my Tour since the end of Feb, you should have got the Tour as soon as we found out about the delay/name change back in Feb.

And as far as the Trackpad not being responsive, I have never heard or experienced this like the Trackball. I have a Tour and a 9700 (my old work phone, no service on it right now) and the Trackpad is far superior in every way.
    03-29-10 09:16 AM
    Said Chuck it, Farley, and got my Tour last Sunday, I'll let 'em get the new one right, first, before I worry about moving up again. With 3 upgrades upcoming, a few months with the Tour suits me just fine. It is so much brighter than my 8330 in so many ways!

03-29-10 09:26 AM
    I gave up somewhat as well. Picked up a Dec '09 built Tour in pristine shape on eBay for $184. Came with a Seidio case, a silicon skin and a new in the box Seidio extended life battery. Guy bought it then decided he couldn't live without a Droid. Didn't have to use my upgrade with VZW by buying this way. I'll save that for the T2/Bold when it comes out later this summer. In the mean time, play with the 9630, experiment with 5.0 OS hybrids and enjoy a very nice device. Since I'm using the T1 now, I'll be able to wait a few weeks once the T2/Bold hits the streets to see if it's really all it's cracked up to be. If so, put the 9630 back on eBay and sell it for at (or near) what I paid for it. Works for me...
    03-29-10 10:05 AM
    That's the only reason why I'm still waiting. I know a new/better phone will always be just around the corner but since I know I'll be stuck with the phone for at least a year, I'll wait a little longer for the one I want.
    Yea same here. Since I'm going to be stuck with a new phone for like a year or so, I might as well wait for the phone I want so I won't have buyer's remorse. But at this rate, I'm sizing the bold up to its competition. The more and more I wait, the more I'm leaning towards other phones.

With all these complaints about the delays, I wonder if vzw is taking notes?
    03-29-10 10:16 AM
    was get a new 8530 from eBay. I'll keep it for 3 to 6 months and see what develops with the Tour2/Bold/9650 and the EVO 4G. This way, I don't use up my upgrade which I need for an expensive phone and can sell the 8530 which is a decent "in the mean time" phone. My Mogul is dying daily and I don't know how many days it has left. So, I'm still waiting, but I will at least have a decent phone with a 5.0 version on it. This is my first BB and I can also be trying out the BB experience. I still want to see the new Tour2/whatever and will be checking this site daily. I guess I am compromising, but still in the waiting mode.
    03-29-10 08:15 PM
    yea while browsing many blogs today, I ran into many articles talking about iphone being available to verizon this summer. Looks like competition is stiff if the rumors are true. Here's a couple of the evidences:

WSJ: Apple 'developing new iPhone,' plus another for Verizon (update: iPhone HD, front-facing camera?) -- Engadget

WSJ: Verizon definitely getting the iPhone � Boy Genius Report

Of course they all are posting the same thing. But the iphone is so tempting at this point. gosh, I really wish the Bold came out like couple months ago. But, what's complaining going to accomplish? I'm just a little bummed.

Yeah, I've got Sprint and we're almost last for most phones, we'll see what happens though. If Evo comes out before the 9650 I might just take the Evo first and see if the 9650 is out in 30 days otherwise I'll just be stuck with the Evo (at least I'm in 4G and can reap the benefits of it).
    03-29-10 08:59 PM
    Even though my upgrade is later in the year, I'm still waiting to see what the "newer" phone will look like and the specs also. Hopefully something will pop up in the next couple weeks so I don't give up all hope.

03-29-10 09:03 PM
    I just became eligible for my NE2 on March 26. I would like to get the tour/bold when it comes out. My 8330 is in fine condition I haven't had to replace this phone at all and I've had it since February of last year. This 8330 has been very solid for me and that is the only reason I'm not too upset with the tour being pushed back. I think I can wait a bit longer.

03-29-10 09:19 PM
    I couldn't wait either, wanted bigger screen no trac ball and wifi. Bought Storm2. Much, much much better than Storm1. Actually nice phone.
    03-29-10 09:53 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD