Welcome to the next generation of BlackBerry locking. Welcome to PatternLock 2.0! This is an exciting new release of the original lock that allows you to secure your device using fun patterns. It has been a little under a year since the first release of PatternLock, and it has become the go-to utility for a fun, complete and stable locking experience for your BlackBerry. PatternLock 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the original application, bringing along new features while shedding more than 20% of the original application size. Here is a brief rundown about what this release has to offer:

NEW IN VERSION 2.0:
    ---------------------------
    - Completely rewritten from the ground up. Now has more features and 20% smaller!
    - Brand new options interface which is divided into sections making it easier to find and change your settings
    - BlackBerry Messenger notification icon
    - Integration with BerryWeather (BeWeather) v2.2+ to show weather information on lock screen
    - Application lock and the call screen PatternLock appearance now use the same settings and look as the device lock screen
    - Various other options across the entire application's feature set (too many to list here)
    - Tons of optimizations and minor fixes

and the big one...

- Themes! PatternLock 2.0 takes customization to a whole new level. Almost all the graphics in the lock screen can now be customized to exactly how you like it. Not only can you pick from a list of preset colors, you can pick any custom color you want using RGB values, or you can supply your own graphic! You can change everything from the dot, dot tray, clock bar background, dot highlight, and the list goes on. You can make your dots soccer balls, for example! All these appearance settings can be saved into a theme file (with an extension of .pltheme) and can be shared with other users. Saving and applying themes can be done from the 'Appearance' section of the PatternLock options. For more details about PatternLock theming, please visit Tafasa :: PatternLock Theming

It should also be noted that at this time, PatternLock is the ONLY locking application that can work with the hardware lock key in the most recent OS releases.

IMPORTANT:
    - UNINSTALL any pre 2.0 versions of PatternLock installed before installing this version
    - Pre 2.0 backup files are not compatible with PatternLock 2.0 as many of the options have changed

With this update, PatternLock is not only the lightest weight locking application, it is also the most feature rich and offers a truly ultimate locking experience for your BlackBerry, whether it be application level locking, call screen level locking, or locking the entire device.

PatternLock 2.0 is FREE for ALL existing customers! Even with all these great features, PatternLock is still one of the least expensive locking applications on the market, regularly priced at $2.99. For more information about the product's features (there are A LOT), visit the product page: PatternLock - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

The Lite version has also been updated, however there are no feature changes there. The Lite version is limited to only three options: Setting the pattern, Autolock on startup, Autolock on backlight. The lite version is available at: PatternLock Lite - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by tafasa; 04-01-10 at 11:15 AM.
    03-28-10 07:29 PM
    this is a sick update
    03-28-10 07:35 PM
    Looks like a great update. I like that idea of having themes.
    03-28-10 07:39 PM
    Been beta testing this for a few days and I must say that it is a great update. I really think everybody is going to enjoy the themes feature. Go get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 07:50 PM
    Wicked thanks.

You guys should have this info placed on the blog.
    03-28-10 07:58 PM
    Does Tafsa have themes for us to DL? If not where do we get them?
    03-28-10 08:08 PM
    Is there anyway you can post the CB one?
    03-28-10 08:09 PM
    We do not have themes created yet. We are hoping that a lot of users will begin generating content, and we will set up a place to host and download them. We are also hoping theme designers join in the effort and release PatternLock themes.

The CrackBerry theme can be downloaded at: http://www.tafasa.com/PLThemes/CrackBerry.pltheme
    03-28-10 08:13 PM
    I went to the link on my BB and it is a weird list of little tiny words...what do I do?
    03-28-10 08:19 PM
    Went back to this a couple weeks ago and just updated and it is 100 times better and even smaller! Great job here, keep it up!

03-28-10 08:23 PM
    I went to the link on my BB and it is a weird list of little tiny words...what do I do?
    Can you try now? The BlackBerry doesn't understand the content type, but we made a server change that hopefully will make the BlackBerry ask you to download the file.
    03-28-10 08:29 PM
    Can you try now? The BlackBerry doesn't understand the content type, but we made a server change that hopefully will make the BlackBerry ask you to download the file.
    Same thing.
    03-28-10 08:32 PM
    Same thing.
    Have you tried refreshing your browser/clearing your cache?
    03-28-10 08:33 PM
    Nice got it...one of your amazing testers is a friend of mine and BBed it to me! This thing rocks!
    03-28-10 08:36 PM
    I am tempted to get this...does it work fine with the leaked S2 OS 5.00.517?
    03-28-10 08:42 PM
    What's the eta for this update on app world?

03-28-10 09:33 PM
    What's the eta for this update on app world?

Hopefully within a week
    03-28-10 09:38 PM
    I am tempted to get this...does it work fine with the leaked S2 OS 5.00.517?
    I can't say for sure but it works perfectly in the .428 leak. I'm sure one of the testers had to have been on .517. Maybe someone can chime in and say for certainty.

03-28-10 09:47 PM
    We do not have themes created yet. We are hoping that a lot of users will begin generating content, and we will set up a place to host and download them. We are also hoping theme designers join in the effort and release PatternLock themes.

The CrackBerry theme can be downloaded at: http://www.tafasa.com/PLThemes/CrackBerry.pltheme
    Theres a crew on this .. workin it out now ..
    03-28-10 10:01 PM
    I can't say for sure but it works perfectly in the .428 leak. I'm sure one of the testers had to have been on .517. Maybe someone can chime in and say for certainty.

I've got the .517 leak with a .591 hybrid over it and the new PatternLock is working just fine.

03-28-10 10:17 PM
    I just installed the update this morning. I followed the instructions: uninstalled previous version, restarted, installed new version, changed permissions, restarted.

I updated the settings from the default so that it locks on startup, locks 1 minute after dim, dims immediately, allows 4 tries then locks for 2 minutes without showing timer, vibrate on missed entry, shows bbm, sms, email and berryweather on the front screen. Other than that, I kept the default settings.

When I put in my correct unlock pattern, as soon as I am finished, the screen freezes. I can't get any response on the phone by pressing buttons or the screen. The only thing I can do is a physical battery pull which puts me back to a locked phone based on my preferences set in patternlock. If I put in the wrong pattern, I get a vibration and screen notification that I have used up 1 of 4 attempts. It only freezes after a successful pattern entry.

I've used BBSAK and removed patternlock. I'm not sure what my next steps should be other than go back to a previous version.

Help!

Update: I reinstalled the app and it works fine until the first battery pull (using Berrymeter). After that battery pull, the app freezes upon putting in the correct pattern. The phone itself does not appear to be frozen (I still get notifications for example) but I can't get passed the lock.
    Last edited by alershka; 03-29-10 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Update status
    03-29-10 07:20 AM

TAFASA
    can you explain this a little more? would the theme dev's simply be making background images for time banners, or what?
    this sounds like a cool feature, and i definitely want to utilize it. whatever info you can provide on this would be great!
    GOOD JOB ON THE APP!
    03-29-10 08:42 AM
    TAFASA
    can you explain this a little more? would the theme dev's simply be making background images for time banners, or what?
    this sounds like a cool feature, and i definitely want to utilize it. whatever info you can provide on this would be great!
    GOOD JOB ON THE APP!
    They would be making custom images for the clock bar, dot tray, dot, dot highlight (correct, incorrect, current input), highlight ring (correct, incorrect, current input), arrows (correct, incorrect, current input), path colors and font colors. You can see a bit more details at: Tafasa :: PatternLock Theming

Basically all the settings available in the Appearance section can be saved into a .pltheme file.
    Last edited by tafasa; 03-29-10 at 08:49 AM.
    03-29-10 08:46 AM
    I just installed the update this morning. I followed the instructions: uninstalled previous version, restarted, installed new version, changed permissions, restarted.

I updated the settings from the default so that it locks on startup, locks 1 minute after dim, dims immediately, allows 4 tries then locks for 2 minutes without showing timer, vibrate on missed entry, shows bbm, sms, email and berryweather on the front screen. Other than that, I kept the default settings.

When I put in my correct unlock pattern, as soon as I am finished, the screen freezes. I can't get any response on the phone by pressing buttons or the screen. The only thing I can do is a physical battery pull which puts me back to a locked phone based on my preferences set in patternlock. If I put in the wrong pattern, I get a vibration and screen notification that I have used up 1 of 4 attempts. It only freezes after a successful pattern entry.

I've used BBSAK and removed patternlock. I'm not sure what my next steps should be other than go back to a previous version.

Help!

Update: I reinstalled the app and it works fine until the first battery pull (using Berrymeter). After that battery pull, the app freezes upon putting in the correct pattern. The phone itself does not appear to be frozen (I still get notifications for example) but I can't get passed the lock.
    This is very strange as we, nor any of our testers ever experienced this. Do you have any other applications installed that could be interfering? Do you see anything listed in you EventLog that could indicate a problem? Could it be the hybrid that you are using?
    03-29-10 08:47 AM
    Great update to a Great App. Only issue I have noticed so far is that whenever I create a new backup I have to enter the file name and location. I don't recall having to do that in Version 1. I can understand doing that if no backup file exists, but, once one has been created it wouldl be nice if the App would recognize it as the default.
    03-29-10 10:27 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD