I am about to buy a chrome gold housing for my blackberry bold. Just to clear things up, i mean the entire phone (keyboard, back, bezel) will be shiny gold. I'd very much appreciate it if anybody that has done it could post a picture of theirs because it's a hard decision. I could just black it out or something. And to those who have done it, is it metal or plastic?
    03-28-10 02:13 PM
    Wellllll...i wouldnt recommend it really. IMO it will make it look really tacky. Regardless if its plastic or metal. But in most cases i think the bezel would most likely be made of plastic coated with chrome paint since metal would most likely interfere with the radio(i think) however the piece at the back would most likely be metal.
    03-28-10 06:23 PM
    i 100% agree with you in a professional environment, but im 16 years old and in high school. and yeah im sure youre right about the bezel but the original bezel is painted plastic and its still nice. i dont have enough posts to post a link... but if you search in the forums youll find a picture of someones it looks nice i think
    03-28-10 07:29 PM
    i 100% agree with you in a professional environment, but im 16 years old and in high school. and yeah im sure youre right about the bezel but the original bezel is painted plastic and its still nice. i dont have enough posts to post a link... but if you search in the forums youll find a picture of someones it looks nice i think
    Like i said its just an opinion. Shouldn't affect your decision. I thought of going gold before but figured even though i liked what my bold stood for i didnt want it to be that bold, if you catch my drift. Anyways, ive already seen the pictures of another user who has done it. However, there is this particular gold cover that isnt exactly chrome but sort of like matte gold which i liked.
    03-28-10 07:39 PM
    haha yes i understand, but on the contrary i really didnt like that matte gold im pretty sure i know what youre talking about, more of a pastel than a shiny color. regardless, i bought the housing and i will post pics when i get it. for $20 im not too worried
    03-29-10 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD