Hey all...I did a OS upgrade to 5.0.461 about 2-3 months ago havnt had any problems so far until now,...I did a battery pull last night and shortly after my browser is acting weird and looks different and opening it I get this: "uncaught exception: Java.lan.illegal argument exception."
    Sometimes it will clear out when I click ok, but I can't roll up to the google search bar, and all the history is missing' unless I scroll down at which point it appears???! Is it a fix for this?

What is this and what should I do?

Thanks....Steven

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 06:15 PM
    have you downloaded any new apps or themes in the last couple of days. this error is usually accociated with something thats not playing well with your device
    03-27-10 07:00 PM
    Actually, I did, although it was an upgrade to what I already had....shuld I delete the app? Guess I could, it isn't one that I can't live without....

Thanks....Steven

03-27-10 07:26 PM
    Tried removing app and reset device.......still, when clicking on "Browser" it won't even open now, just displays the "uncaught exception java.lan.illegalargument.exception......

Wtf...?

Steven

03-27-10 07:36 PM
    I stumble on these type threads ....... and glad I have NOT gone from the 4.6 to the 5.0 ..... until RIM comes out for the 8900 , i"ll be fine with what I have .
    03-27-10 08:42 PM
    I stumble on these type threads ....... and glad I have NOT gone from the 4.6 to the 5.0 ..... until RIM comes out for the 8900 , i"ll be fine with what I have .
    It was an official release......

03-27-10 09:08 PM
    Used the search function......didn't find anything that helped out specifically.....not trying to be stubborn but, anybody got any ideas???? ANYBODY??!!

Thanks....Steven

03-28-10 01:44 AM
    Regardless of the issues people are having with 5.0...there's many more that are enjoying it just fine. It's not like 4.6 hasn't caused anyone headaches.
    03-28-10 03:15 AM
    My new phone is now doing the same thing yours is wards. It is only effecting the browser which is a pain in the ****. I added a few things that I have had on my phone before and I really do not want to have to start over fixing this crap. I'm getting to where I hate this dang Tour with a passion. New os = POS.
    04-03-10 10:15 AM
    My new phone is now doing the same thing yours is wards. It is only effecting the browser which is a pain in the ****. I added a few things that I have had on my phone before and I really do not want to have to start over fixing this crap. I'm getting to where I hate this dang Tour with a passion. New os = POS.
    This exact same error just showed up for me after downloading a new theme......I have tried reregistering with the host routing table, resending the service books, and resetting the device to no avail. This is very frustrating and makes my decision to drop the Blackberry even easier........
    04-20-10 02:14 PM
    The easiest way to clear this error, is make a backup and re-install the OS after wiping your BB.

It worked for me.
    04-22-10 04:10 PM
    The easiest way to clear this error, is make a backup and re-install the OS after wiping your BB.

It worked for me.
    Only problem is that's just a temporary fix as well. I wiped my 9630 on Saturday and upgraded to a newer OS. The OS was running smoothly until today when I went to open the browser I got this same error message. I will say that both times I have seen this error message it was very soon after switching to the "Se7en" windows theme although I still get the message after deleting the theme. I won't be adding it back after I reinstall my OS this time though.
    05-06-10 02:03 PM
    sounds daft but when you upgraded did you delete the vendor.xml file
    05-07-10 10:53 PM

It worked for me.
    I did just that on my boyfriend's 8900. Worked for his. I did the exact same, but did NOT work for mine!! the only way I could get in the browser is to type the link in the memopad and click on it, takes me into the browser. I just cannot click directly on the browser icon. I'm looking for help with this issue as well.
    05-27-10 02:52 PM
    I have the same problem. Whenever I click my browser, this notice pops up and I cannot erase it. The screen hangs up and even if i do a reset or battery pull it's still there. After upgrading to 5.0.0.592, this happened to me. Then I upgraded to 618, its still there. Any help?
    Last edited by kit_otrp; 05-29-10 at 07:27 AM.
    05-29-10 03:57 AM
    this happened to me after updating to 5.0 from verizon on my 9630. i put on a factory theme and the problem stopped. i then put on each of my many themes one at a time and most caused this problem. i am now running a stock theme and everything is fine just not the theme i would like. you could use bolt as your go to browser instead of bb browser if you want to keep your theme. this is the only way i found i could use my favorite and still have a browser. also if you click an app that opens the browser to run like a news app, then push the bb button and go to it will take you to your browser without the uncaught exception. hope this helps a little.
    06-11-10 06:05 AM
    This problem is caused by whatever new theme/app has been installed which is not compatible with the os 5. Reset the phone to the factory theme or uninstall the app and the problem will be fixed. Hope that helps.

06-11-10 05:28 PM
    Ok go back to one of the installed theme that you do not get the error msg on open up the browser: clear cache/delete history/delete cookies!!! change the start up page mine was google i change it to verizon startup page and it worked!! dont forget to reboot!!
    07-21-10 10:00 AM
    Butterfly2 . . . Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! Finally found something that worked!

Last edited by Fruitloop808; 10-06-10 at 03:20 PM. Reason: forgot to say who I was thanking
    10-06-10 03:19 PM
    i had the same problem and i went to the O2 website and i got told that it was because i am not on the blackberry text and web tarrif
    02-03-11 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD