I just got my storm2 two weeks ago and so far I love it. It was a tough choice between it and the tour. How long have you had your storm2? How do you like it and have you had any problems with it so far?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 05:06 PM
    Love it. Still on my original one, no problems.
    03-27-10 05:51 PM
    Loving mine. I go the replacement unit for the screen issue. Not sure I can really tell the difference.
    03-27-10 06:05 PM
    LOVE mine...got it 10/28 when they first came out. The only thing that bugged me was the main screen not up dating my WeatherBug Elite or SmartCalendar. My lower keys were hard to push...once in a while, and only when it was laying flat on the desk. I recently got "brave" and updated to to the .517 O/S and that helped more than it "hurt;" Now the screens update and I have the "pop-up" keys, as well as the screen might feel a little better and my lower keys seem OK. I am so glad I have it - I love the BIG screen. Looking forward to the new browser...
    03-27-10 07:02 PM
    I just figured out my storm 2 was manufactured before they fixed the hardware issue (Feb 2010) with the screen. Is this bad or does it matter?
    03-27-10 07:36 PM
    I just figured out my storm 2 was manufactured before they fixed the hardware issue (Feb 2010) with the screen. Is this bad or does it matter?
    If you're not having any issues don't worry about it, just enjoy it.
    03-27-10 07:45 PM
    Love my Storm2 (9550) after being with Palm devices for 16 years.

My switch was based on Palm decision to no longer support directly syncing to Outlook on their new devices and that everything is going to this cloud stuff. They want you to go through Google calendar to get to Outlook and then it doesn't sync Task and Memos. 3rd party apps require you to sync each module Task and Memos separately.

Also I wanted a full screen and no keyboard.

Anyway that's the reason and I really don't regret it. This Storm2 is a well kept secret.

Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03-27-10 at 08:01 PM.
    03-27-10 07:51 PM
    It doesn't matter if you don't have any issues. I got mine last month. I hammered it hard that first weekend to find out its limitations; what it does well; battery life, etc. After this trial month I must say, this is a spectacular phone. It wins the award for most overlooked smartphone of 2010!

I was on AT&T with a 8310 Curve for 2 years. It was time for an upgrade. Instead of upgrading to an iPhone or even a Bold 9700 on AT&T, I traded carriers for the Storm 2 and I haven't looked back. I'm running the "stock" OS .320 and it just runs flawlessly (no sticky keys or any of the other things you hear about on the forums) I could only be happier with it if/when they open up the 2GB of internal memory for apps (I can only speculate that it will open up in a new OS in the future 6.0?)

Overall, a fantastic phone. I cannot go back to a "normal" BlackBerry.
    03-27-10 07:53 PM
    I luh mine. Had it since November with original OS and all. I was one of the supposed "lucky ones" that had no factory fukk ups lol
    03-27-10 07:53 PM
    just got my storm2...6 hours ago was on it non stop for 4-5hours then battery died lmao

so far works great played around with it exploring and stuff although with everything there are those little annoyances
    my call /end button from time to time are hard to press down
    when going from landscape to portrait or vise versa there is a bit of lag time and sometimes i confuse it maybe going to fast and have to try more than once to switch frames
    other than that tho no complaints updating the phone atm with the cd not .517 I was told not to update it unless its an official update on telus site

Also its is not the new hardware model called all the telus providers in my area none had them...
    Last edited by ladiesman1237; 03-27-10 at 08:02 PM.
    03-27-10 07:57 PM
    [QUOTE=ladiesman1237;4898966]just got my storm2...6 hours ago
    when going from landscape to portrait or vise versa there is a bit of lag time and sometimes i confuse it maybe going to fast and have to try more than once to switch frames
    QUOTE]

Take a look a QuickLaunch. It has many functions, one of which is the ability to lock your screen either in portrait or lansdscape. This feature is app specific and can also lock the screen when on a web site.

Anothe great feater is "Stay Lit" which will keep the screen on.

Good Luck
    03-27-10 08:07 PM
    I've had mine one month, and I'm loving it. The only problem I've encountered so far is, my screen freezes when I installed the new version of Opera Mini 5 and it moves too slow or doesn't response at all when I had the Browser Bolt installed.
    Still tweaking and fine tuning it. Other wise, it's working okay.
    03-27-10 09:19 PM
    I'm loving it...................
    03-27-10 09:24 PM
    Had mine since December. I actually left verizon went to sprint and the curve was my first Blackberry in November. I started doing alot of research and learning after I realized how much I liked the blackberry. I decided to come back to verizon for the storm 2 before "try it" period with sprint was up. Besides the occasional lower button hard to press issue I love this phone. When my upgrade time is up, unless the blackberry application market gets better I may switch to android though.
    03-27-10 09:29 PM
    Went from S1 to S2 in November. Still with the original, no problems. I don't use wi-fi, so I've turned that off. Battery life is fine. I'd like a faster browser, but that's BB across the board, so I can't fault the S2 for that. No problems with the buttons, level screen, no freezes, running the original .320. Happy camper here.
    03-27-10 09:41 PM
    i loved my s2 waaay better than the s1 i had BUT lately ive been having issues. my lower left screen is hard to push sometimes which i later found out was a mfg issue. not only that but my hand set speaker (when ur talking on your phone while held up to your ear) is fuzzy now. i dont listen to music on full blast so id ont know why my handset speaker is fuzzy. also when receiving and making calls my phone automatically switches to speaker. strange. lastly when i do listen to music or watch a video my phone switches from speaker to headset (headphone mode) byu itself like 2-3 seconds into whatever media im playing. i manually switch back to speaker and press play and it goes back to headset again. this has been irritating the living ish out of me. i pull my battery and everyting is fine than 2-3 days later these problems crop up again. weird stuff. very annoyoing, anyone else have these issues?? lemme know
    03-28-10 02:45 AM
    I've had mine since late November. I got it out of contract, returned it, got it ON contract, and had it for a while. It got dust under the screen, returned it for a new one, and my friends broke so I gave him mine while I was still using the 9700 and .... well... I'm waiting for HIM to give me a new one in return :P I DEARLY miss my 9520 it's an AWESOME device (except for battery life, but the seidio fixed that with the 2600 mah battery and a modded skin ).
    03-28-10 05:08 AM
    Just three weeks ago went from years of 8830 use to my first touch screen Storm 2 and so far am very impressed. Love the larger screen and landscape view for reading and composing e-mails, and the OS it leaps ahead of the old 8830 OS. At some point I will most likely load the new .517 OS once I am fully up to speed on all of this phones capabilities. As someone has already posted this phone is underrated.

Very pleased I made the switch.
    03-28-10 06:33 AM
    Went from S1 to S2 on Release date and never looked back. Absolutely love the device. The key to enjoying the phone is simple

1) Protect it !

2) Charge it daily

3) stay informed with crackberry !

The only thing that bothers me from time to time is my battery life. Some days I am good for the day and others only 4-5 hours. Switched batteries etc done all the proper things and every now and then it just drains crazy without any apps running in the background. I can live with it because I have a charger with me at work. Hope you enjoy your S2 !
    03-28-10 06:59 AM
    Had mine since December. Came up from a Storm 1, and absolutely love it. Wouldn't change it for any other phone in the world. If I'm conscious, I'm usually on it, or it's right in front of me.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 03-28-10 at 08:36 AM.
    03-28-10 07:04 AM
    I love my Storm2, I have no problems with it. But I would like faster browser and sometimes when I'm scrolling through my mail and SMS-es it feels a bit laggy from time to time and multitouch would be awesome too.
    On overall I wouldn't trade it for any other phone out there.
    03-28-10 07:23 AM
    I can't say enough about my S2. I came from an 8330. So this is my first touch screen. No complaints. I can see myself staying with this phone through my next upgrade. Outstanding device.

03-28-10 07:47 AM
    If you're not having any issues don't worry about it, just enjoy it.

Agreed. Don't become like some of these other zombies who just want one so that it has the right date or code.
    03-28-10 07:57 AM
    Purchased mine outright for work as a replacement for my 8330 about a month ago. Been with bberry since 05 on Vodafone, tmobile and now Verizon. Went from the pearl to the curve to this. Absolutely love it. Works great for me for business use. Only complaint I have is the way apps cannot be stored on the 2gb internal memory. Other than that everything has and is working very well. Get a full days work out of it with wifi off if I can keep myself out of playing with my apps and will last thru the weekend at home. Hands down the most underappreciated phone in the blackberry line up. Waiting and hoping for OS 6.0 with widgets, a better browser and possibly memory options : )

03-28-10 09:06 AM
    I've had my Storm 2 for about 5 weeks now and absolutely love it.

No issues, here.
    03-28-10 09:08 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD