Ok, well there are a lot of threads regarding Vlingo in this section, but I thought maybe it'd be good to go ahead and create a "Vlingo Thread" where we can discuss what we like or don't like about it, ask a quick question, or just read what others think about it instead of having 15 threads about the same thing.

I for one finally downloaded the pay version, and I love it. At work it's more trouble than it's worth to send messages via vlingo, but in the car, I absolutely love it.

I have already fallen in love with the safe reader, as I usually wear a bluetooth at work, and it reads it right through my bluetooth.

Anybody else love this app? What do you guys think?
    03-27-10 02:44 PM
    Probably my favorite app on both devices. The only gripe I have, is on the Storm 2. Sometimes when wanting to send a text, it switches to "search" my text on the browser. This never has occured on the iPhone.
    03-27-10 03:37 PM
    This is by far one of the best apps I have purchased. Great idea for a thread. I look forward to contibuting and learning as much as possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by newman99; 03-27-10 at 11:40 PM.
    03-27-10 11:36 PM
    I downloaded the free version of this app. Seems rather limited, I'm only able to message those that have vlingo or other blackberry users.

Perhaps if I had some idea what other users do with the app I would find it more appealing. Otherwise, seems just as easy for me to just use QuickLaunch to open whatever I need.

03-28-10 06:27 AM
    used it for about 24hrs then realized I missed my Left button way too much. so i deleted the app. nice app but not worth a dedicated button.
    03-28-10 06:41 AM
    I just recently downloaded the paid version. I've only used it a couple of times, but I definitely like the app. The safe reader is fantastic, with or without my headset.

The only problem I have is you can't (or I don't know how) to compose/send text/email using Vlingo and my bluetooth headset. Please let me know if I'm missing something.
    03-28-10 08:47 AM
    I just recently downloaded the paid version. I've only used it a couple of times, but I definitely like the app. The safe reader is fantastic, with or without my headset.

The only problem I have is you can't (or I don't know how) to compose/send text/email using Vlingo and my bluetooth headset. Please let me know if I'm missing something.
    Works fine..........hold the key and when the bluetooth headset gives you the beep, say:
    "Send Text to 'contact in your phone'" for SMS
    "Send Email to 'contact on your phone'" for Email then 'Subject' for that field and continue speaking the message that will fill in the body field.
    03-28-10 09:33 AM
    Does anyone know if we could open AIM with vlingo? I have tried...with no success???
    03-28-10 11:24 AM
    Works fine..........hold the key and when the bluetooth headset gives you the beep, say:
    "Send Email to 'contact on your phone'" for Email then 'Subject' for that field and continue speaking the message that will fill in the body field.
    Excellent, I figured it was just something I had yet to figure out! No, I know I'll definitely like this app
    03-28-10 02:18 PM
    Question for regular users of Vlingo. How much data does this app uses for the average email or SMS or for the average user of a BB how much data would one expect to use per month if we send/recieve all of our email/SMS via Vlingo.
    03-28-10 11:27 PM
    I had what I assume was a beta version of this app (meaning you could have full use of the app with no fee) for almost two years and LOVED it. Just got my 9700 about a month and a half ago and it wouldn't work.....boooo
    03-29-10 08:50 AM
    Okay, this doesn't seem to work for me...I have a Bold 9000, Vlingo Plus, and BlueAnt Z9...I turn Vlingo safereader on, I have my headset on...I can hear my messages received through my headset. When I try to send a text message, I tap the button on my headset and speak, but the voice command on my bb comes up...it only seems to work through my bb not my headset. I must be doing something wrong??
    03-31-10 07:57 AM
    Okay, this doesn't seem to work for me...I have a Bold 9000, Vlingo Plus, and BlueAnt Z9...I turn Vlingo safereader on, I have my headset on...I can hear my messages received through my headset. When I try to send a text message, I tap the button on my headset and speak, but the voice command on my bb comes up...it only seems to work through my bb not my headset. I must be doing something wrong??
    You are not doing anything wrong... To my knowledge, the BlueAnt does not have that capability.

As ZedRight properly instructed you should "hold the key" (meaning the BB key you have set up for Vlingo), not "the button" (on your headset). By using the BlueAnt button, it will only bring up the BB voice command function (Say a command-Beep).

If you find a way to do this through the headset, I would be very interested in this as well, but at this time, I don't believe it is possible.

Hope this helps...
    03-31-10 08:53 AM
    the top lock button no longer will work to lock my phone after I downloaded and installed the paid version of Vlingo. I have removed the battery and looked through all options on the phone and cant see where any options edit this button. The button does nothing when I push it now. Anyone else have this problem? Oh ya I deleted BB messenger same time and after that my phone rebooted and the red light kept coming on for 10 seconds then screen would blink. It did it 5 or 6 times before my phone started up again.

Thanks
    03-31-10 04:27 PM
    Great App... like others, I don't use it all the time, but I find when I am carrying things and I only have one hand free, I can text easily (not one handed typing necessary). Also, Safe Reader is very cool (haven't checked if it works 'through' my car's bluetooth through the speakers yet).

When in public, I don't often want others to 'hear' what I am texting. I love using it to search the web... I always forget how accurate it is.
    03-31-10 06:47 PM
    I used the unpaid version on my 8330 but they've yet to release it for 8530 so I'm patiently waiting...unless anyone has had success running the 8520 or other version...

04-01-10 12:17 AM
    It used to work long ago when I was running 4.7 on my Tour but til this day it doesn't work. Deleted and reinstalled numerous times. What's taking them so long to support 5.0 on tour!!! I have paid version of plus. If others have this running on their Tours what version are you running? I have .591 OS and latest vlingo 4.5.1 I believe.

04-02-10 06:35 AM
    I had the same issue until I change my connection setting to BIS.
    04-04-10 09:38 AM
    I downloaded the free version and although it seems to be a good app most people I know well dont have blackberry so it will not work sending them anything. The price is right but the file is large so if your low on memory this might be a factor for some especially with the curve.
    04-04-10 11:00 AM
    For no reason that I know of my Tour bricked (technical failure), got new Tour, now can't get my vlingo/plus/everywhere back. I have an email into vlingo support, waiting for reply. I'll do backups more frequently now.
    04-06-10 01:18 PM
    I think where you might be going wrong is by pressing the button on your bluetooth device. This is going to be linked to the VAD app on your BB. I don't think it can be routed to access Vlingo.

Instead, you should be assigning a convenience key on your BB to activate Vlingo. When you press the convenience key on your BB, you can then use your bluetooth headset to talk to your BB.
    04-06-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD