Is there any advice on utilizing the Blackberry 9700 to listen to music through your car stereo.

My question is:

I am using my headphone jack to plug directly into my aux plug to the car stereo. What happens when a call comes in? Is there a way to take that call?

Second question:

The sound quality seems to be poorer than the Blackberry 8320 and also the volume is lower. Is there any way to increase the volume (i have audio boost on) and improve the quality? It seems that when you start playing the volume loud then it starts to lose quality quickly and distorts.

Thanks!
    03-27-10 11:09 AM
    if you can afford it I would get a Parrot blue tooth fitted. i cant remember what model i have, but it plays the music through the stereo and when a call comes through, it mutes the radio/music and you can talk to the caller. when the call is finished the system reverts back to what you were listening to
    03-27-10 12:37 PM
    I use my 9700 in my car the whole time . When a call comes in , you have to unplug the cable and take normally then plug it back in when you're done .

As for the quality , while playing a song , press options and adjust the bass etc .. I find that decreasing the volume thru the bold and increasing the car's volume gives best results . Experiment to your liking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 05:36 PM
    I use pandora on mine the sound pauses I take the call through the speakers an resumes when the call is over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 06:57 PM
    I use the AUX plug as well. I don't know about incoming calls, but between the AUX jack and the plug, I put a ground loop isolator with 3.5mm cables and it works great. Sound is better. No hiss or hum sound.
    03-27-10 07:22 PM
    As others have said experiment with the phone volume and the stereo volume until you find a setting your happy with.

As regards calls you will need to unplug the headphone jack to take the call unless you want to route the call through your car stereo. You can have the speakers through the car stereo and then press speaker phone to be able to speak however this is not an ideal solution. Bluetooth headsets and handsfree kits have built in echo cancellation, wiring the BB to the car stereo like this has no such cancellation so the caller will hear a lot of echo depending on your stereo volume.
    03-27-10 07:51 PM
    i stream an australian radio station online to berrytunes, which is hooked up through bluetooth to my motorola t505 which has an fm transmitter that sends to my car.

when a call comes in, it mutes the music and you take the call. when it over though you have to start the stream again in berrytunes (if youre playing mp3s through the built in media player, it resumes on its own)
    03-28-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD