Hi All:

Wondering if anyone has come across this issue..

I have a few new 9630 users, upgraded from 8330's.

All corp voicemail is sent to BB's via BES as .wav files. When listening on their 9630, each of these .wav files get cut off at the end by 3-4 seconds. Consistent with all users and all voicemails sent as .wav's..

All 9630's have firmware:4.7.1.61.

Any ideas?
    03-26-10 02:52 PM
    Any consistency as far as size goes? Have you tried manually just copying the wav files to the device and seeing if they play entirely or still cut short. You could upgrade one device to a new OS and see what happens as a trial?
    03-26-10 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the reply, F2.

The consistency doesn't really make a difference..happens if the voicemail .wav is 19secs or 33secs, or any variation.

I have not tried to copy the wav, but that's the next step. Following that, i'll upgrade one of the devices to see if that helps as well.

fwiw, we're on VZW...not sure if that's pertinent...probably not

Thanks again..
    03-26-10 08:11 PM
    Funny you mention this: it also happens with my Google Voice voicemail downloads. Always the last few seconds (5 or so). I'm sure its not a coincidence.

EDIT: Also VZW (and BES) user
    Last edited by gwhizkids; 03-26-10 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Additional info
    03-26-10 10:09 PM
    I'm sorta surprised this hasn't been a larger problem. Seems like listening to office VM's on BB's is common nowadays. There are, of course, work-arounds, but this worked fine on both 8330's and 8830's. Wierd...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD