I only used my 9700 for 1-2 weeks and some keys are already starting to wobbling in its casing, seems have gotten loose, but the main problem is that its making a "double clicking" noise, by that I mean initially it was suppose to only click once after u pressed the key down fully. But now some are making a click(I think its due to the wobbling in its casing) before the keys are being pressed and typed.

I think RIM just have crap QC.
    03-26-10 02:49 PM
    Nope...no problem here.
    03-26-10 02:54 PM
    Nope, not on my Storm LOL, sorry, couldn't resist. I would think that there would be SOME loosening, going from brand new to having some use, but it certainly shouldn't be drastic. Is it possible that you're simply getting used to the feel and thus, they feel looser? If not, you may want to take it back in. Good luck!
    03-26-10 02:58 PM
    Hi EnergyPlus, No, I don't want to waste like 1-2 weeks to deal with my phone company to exchange lol.
    and No it's not my psychology issue that its getting looser, the fact being that it "double clicks" where when the key is being pressed half way down (and from certain angle) it clicks once, then after fully pressed it gives the full, normal tactile feedback/click(the 2nd click).
    03-26-10 03:02 PM
    Mine have not, no. Although my "I" and "DEL" keys are almost white from losing the paint. But thats another thread. All my keys are as firm as they were when I got it on day one.
    03-26-10 03:17 PM
    As are mine ^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 03:51 PM
    Tight as the day they were made. Why not get your carrier to check it out!? It shouldn't take that long.

03-26-10 04:00 PM
    I'm going on 5 months, and mine has been going strong.
    03-26-10 04:28 PM
    Keyboard still looks and feels like new after 4 months of extensive usage.

03-27-10 06:34 AM
    I don't have that problem either, but like the previous poster, I'm having issues with paint coming off my space bar. Ugh! Thankfully its just the space bar so far so its not a deal breaker yet.

03-27-10 08:14 AM
    Havent had any issues yet and I've had mine since december. i would think that if any of them fall off that would be covered under the RIM warranty.
    03-27-10 09:37 AM
    I have had mine since Nevember 19th. No loosening of keys or paint peeling off.

03-27-10 09:38 AM
    2 months with extensive use on my 9700 and not one issue here. I have to hold the phone to my ear to even here the clicking noise, lol!

As far as paint, maybe some got defected paint? I type a lot with my thumb nails as I have big fingers and still no chipped paint. After hearing so much on paint wearing off, I wonder when it will happen to mine, but knock on wood, looks like new!

Well I do have a big chip in the chrome bezel near the top next to the lock button. It gives it character, lol!

03-27-10 11:31 AM
    I only used my 9700 for 1-2 weeks and some keys are already starting to wobbling in its casing, seems have gotten loose, but the main problem is that its making a "double clicking" noise, by that I mean initially it was suppose to only click once after u pressed the key down fully. But now some are making a click(I think its due to the wobbling in its casing) before the keys are being pressed and typed.

I think RIM just have crap QC.
    I've had my 9700 since December and there hasn't been any issues with loose keys. Did you get your phone through Rogers? If so, perhaps you take it back and let them know.
    03-27-10 01:21 PM
    Never noticed that, just one thing the side bezel clicks everytime i touch it. pretty annoying!
    03-27-10 01:23 PM
    Nope, not on my Storm LOL, sorry, couldn't resist. I would think that there would be SOME loosening, going from brand new to having some use, but it certainly shouldn't be drastic. Is it possible that you're simply getting used to the feel and thus, they feel looser? If not, you may want to take it back in. Good luck!
    Lol nice joke! yeah your phone is prolly just getten broken in

03-27-10 04:18 PM
    haha well I've past the rogers warranty criteria (which is 15 days and 30 minutes air time and less), I wasn't planning on doing that anyway, all that hassle for just couple keys. if anything I'll deal with RIM months later xD, right now i'll manage haa. just wondered if this was common.

maybe one day i'll peel off the RIM warranty sticker and make my keyboard have diff colored led etc.
    I've had my 9700 since December and there hasn't been any issues with loose keys. Did you get your phone through Rogers? If so, perhaps you take it back and let them know.
    Last edited by new_to_BB; 04-02-10 at 08:39 AM.
    04-01-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD