Sorry for this random post. Cellphones have not been around for a long time. So there isn't a lot of information about the long term effects. There have been information about cancerous tumours. I'm wondering do you have any concerns about your blackberry/phone and long term effects? Oh btw did you know the storm emits very very low radiation; one of the best for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 02:34 PM
    Personally, and i'll be as nice as i can, I really don't care. Smoking is bad for you, drinking is bad for you, breathing in fumes from my Nitro Burning Radio Controlled Truck is bad for you.

granted

but they say "eating fish is bad" "eating non-organic produce is bad" "setting in a Air Conditioned house is bad"... "they" say everything is bad for you.

You cry wolf alot and so "they" don't cry out anything.

i am more worried about the stuff "They" are putting into our kids heads.

I think gabriel iglesias said it the best.. i might not live till tomorrow, so i'll eat the chocolate cake today.

03-26-10 03:04 PM
    Ya that's a good point. I'm just askking people because it was discussed in class. I think the ones to really find out is my generation, later on. However, I'm gonna "eat my cake" today.

03-26-10 03:15 PM
    Ya that's a good point. I'm just askking people because it was discussed in class. I think the ones to really find out is my generation, later on. However, I'm gonna "eat my cake" today.

I mean don't get me wrong, i'm sure there are side effects from it. newton's law [IIRC] says for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and i'm sure there is something that might happen down the road. but there is no proof in the pudding. and everything affects everyone mental aspect differently. some it might affect harder that others.

and some people think the radiation (or what ever you have beef with) problem is alot bigger than it is.....

give you an example.

I have two R/C cars that use Nitro-Methane as their source of fuel. Really common here in the states. Well when i live with my parents we had some hippsters that lived down the street that would come out of their house, walk down the street and bark at me because i was adding heavy pollutant to the atmosphere. Okay fine what ever, kept driving it. So then he called the EPA (environmental protection agency) and complained about my "oil marks" the fuel was leaving behind. I was "polluting" not only the atmosphere, but now the ground and water.

eh what ever... they said there wasn't enough to worry about....

any way the point that i'm getting at is this. they complained about my little RC cars and drove a hybrid car.

okay they drove a hybrid.... so what.... well

The plastics they use to make those cars, and the chemicals they put in the batteries of those cars... just the manufacturing process leave the same "carbon footprint" as driving a Small Block Chevy Suburban for 10yrs...

and the same goes with physical aspects.... what has a certain effect on one person might not on another. But all you hear about are the 4 bad cases, instead of the 9.2million people who do the same exact thing, and are 100% kosher as a pickle.

03-26-10 03:33 PM
    technically - drinking milk is bad.
    We are the ONLY animals on the planet that not only drink ANOTHER Animals milk (cows) - but also drink it past infancy. Its not natural.

lol
    03-26-10 03:42 PM
    Very smart. Its true though, all of it. The environment is NOT gonna change because of a little tiny change with hybrid cars. Forget that we need to go all out. People love money too much, the cheaper you make a car, the worse it is, and that's what they want. They want that car to end up in a pound in 4 years so you can by another one.

--- milk has more benefits than negatives, but I won't get into that. Ima just drink my milk

03-26-10 03:43 PM
    The not so good stuff for you is what makes society work.
    03-26-10 03:54 PM
    That's truee.

03-26-10 03:57 PM
    I worked in cell phone manufacturing for 5 years. After the plastic housing where finished from the molding machine and inspected we painted a coating on the inside of the phone to trap the radio waves. At that time it cost $5.00 per phone. Very expensive. There was some data in 2000 that talking on a phone for one hour was raise your brain temperature up to three Degree
    03-26-10 05:23 PM
    Wow. That's actually pretty scary.

03-26-10 05:31 PM
    There are certainly a lot of rumors and so called "studies" out there, but most recently, it was reported that there is no evidence to support any alarm on the issue.

Some good points made here. Oh, by the way, to the guy who commented on the carbon footprint left by hybrids, you forgot to mention the sheer cost/pollution resulting from SHIPPING these batteries to the multiple factories, some located across the ocean! Hybrids are wonderful cars, but the green marketing for them exceeds the reality.
    03-26-10 05:42 PM
    These days everything is bad for you so I don't mind a little radiation

03-26-10 06:07 PM
    Sorry for this random post. Cellphones have not been around for a long time. So there isn't a lot of information about the long term effects. There have been information about cancerous tumours. I'm wondering do you have any concerns about your blackberry/phone and long term effects? Oh btw did you know the storm emits very very low radiation; one of the best for that.

You should really do a search, there are so many threads here already with the exact same topic.
    03-26-10 06:16 PM
    Even without a cell phone you are being bombarded with radiation ... The sun emits them constantly also... So everyone put their lead suit on lol
    03-26-10 06:18 PM
    I'm sorry radius. But if everyone searched the forum and found a similar topic, eventually the forum would be boring. Topics are gonna get repeated, but imo that keeps the forum alive. But whatever.

03-27-10 09:30 AM
    I live in a bubble, so I am good!

** ish, my 9700 is the highest radation phone out!

I have been living in this bubble all my life and now this....great!

03-27-10 09:42 AM
    Totally AGREE!! Sometime I see a topic from a year ago suddenly in the top with like 10+ pages and I skip... Fresh perspective is always great anyway...

I'm sorry radius. But if everyone searched the forum and found a similar topic, eventually the forum would be boring. Topics are gonna get repeated, but imo that keeps the forum alive. But whatever.

03-27-10 12:37 PM
    I don't give a crap. There's the obvious truth and I'm sticking with it.
    03-27-10 12:49 PM
    Interesting you ask because yesterday I was reading the paper that discussed the issue and I initially felt that surely cell phones had some risk of radiation damage but the article noted that there are not any studies that can conclusively demonstrate increased risks of radiation damage. Thought that was pretty interesting

03-27-10 04:22 PM
    When I got my first cell phone I was 18 I'm 34 now. I always put the phone in my left pocket just as I do now. BUT back then I would notice a sharp pain right where the phone would lay. Honestly It would be very uncomfortable to stand for long periods. It doesn't do that now tho thank god, it really started to worry me. But to be honest when I'm driving ill set the phone between my legs a lot. So its quick to grab if needed. Lately tho I been thinking about that old phone and my sore leg, I find myself moving the phone away for the boys. I DON'T care to risk the big C in that area.

03-28-10 12:32 AM
    I never put my phone close to my head. I use headphones to answer calls and listen to music.

03-28-10 12:36 AM
    Personally, and i'll be as nice as i can, I really don't care. Smoking is bad for you, drinking is bad for you, breathing in fumes from my Nitro Burning Radio Controlled Truck is bad for you.

granted

but they say "eating fish is bad" "eating non-organic produce is bad" "setting in a Air Conditioned house is bad"... "they" say everything is bad for you.

You cry wolf alot and so "they" don't cry out anything.

i am more worried about the stuff "They" are putting into our kids heads.

I think gabriel iglesias said it the best.. i might not live till tomorrow, so i'll eat the chocolate cake today.

Agreed
    03-28-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD