Having problems with battery life after .517. I left the phone overnight with a full battery and it's dead in the morning, not even touching it. what could be causing this to happen? it was fine before I upgraded.
    03-26-10 06:46 AM
    Having problems with battery life after .517. I left the phone overnight with a full battery and it's dead in the morning, not even touching it. what could be causing this to happen? it was fine before I upgraded.

I am having the same issue!!!! Anybody with any suggestions!!!
    03-26-10 07:12 AM
    No problems with battery for me. Its pretty much same as previous builds I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 07:25 AM
    I had some early issues the first day. I did another couple of battery pulls. Today it seems a little better, but I'll reserve judgment until it settles in. I also loaded OAAK's .591 hybrid.
    03-26-10 07:33 AM
    Funny...I was going to create a new thread about this exact same thing. I left my phone charger at work, so I used my USB charger at home. I had it on until it hit 100% and then went to bed. I've heard that charging from a USB doesn't necessarily get a battery to true 100%, but I did charge it at the office through about 4:30 pm and was at about 25% by 8 pm only with phone usage about 20 minutes...

I woke up to a dead BB.

I'm currently running .517/.548.

Hopefully, things wil improve when I load the .591 today...
    03-26-10 07:38 AM
    My phone has been off the charger since 3:30 yesterday (17 hours)and I'm at 65% still

Edit: I should add that I am on .517/.591
    Last edited by mischiefse7en; 03-26-10 at 07:43 AM.
    03-26-10 07:41 AM
    i would deff like to hear more about this..what the best hybrid is for battery...
    03-26-10 08:08 AM
    have you left any apps running in the background? hold the BB key for a few seconds till the menu comes up and see if anything is there other than phone, BB messenger, home, mail, and browser. if there is another app there then it (or they is many) is likely the culprit.
    03-26-10 10:04 AM
    I've had four different BBs and the Storm2 battery life is by far the worst! There hasn't been a significant change after upgrading from 320 to 517. I have all the apps turned off, all settings appropriate to battery conservation - and still the battery drains like it was hit by a torpedo. I now have charging cables here and there so I can hook it up during the day wherever I happen to be.

I'm going to put my 2600 Seidio extended battery from my Tour in it (yes, it does fit and work) and hope this helps. Right now, I'm waiting for delivery of a back door from Seidio to fit the Storm2. Then, there's the problem of NO cases for Storm2s with the 2600 battery (only holsters).
    03-26-10 10:20 AM
    I've had four different BBs and the Storm2 battery life is by far the worst! There hasn't been a significant change after upgrading from 320 to 517. I have all the apps turned off, all settings appropriate to battery conservation - and still the battery drains like it was hit by a torpedo. I now have charging cables here and there so I can hook it up during the day wherever I happen to be.

I'm going to put my 2600 Seidio extended battery from my Tour in it (yes, it does fit and work) and hope this helps. Right now, I'm waiting for delivery of a back door from Seidio to fit the Storm2. Then, there's the problem of NO cases for Storm2s with the 2600 battery (only holsters).
    You will be much happier with that battery. I got 3 plus days with the 428 base hybrid but the 517 base hybrids I get a lot but not as much. Still much better than charging every night and having to watch your battery during the day
    03-26-10 10:25 AM
    even i have the same problem charged 100 % in night and when i woke up it was only one bar left(20 %). any suggestions and help i appreciate i have storm 2 OS .51 and settings are appropriate to save battery life to the most. i dont see any solution in here plz anybody help thanks in advance i have few apps.
    03-26-10 10:50 AM
    I had some early issues the first day. I did another couple of battery pulls. Today it seems a little better, but I'll reserve judgment until it settles in. I also loaded OAAK's .591 hybrid.
    please explain "until it 'settles in'". is this a fine wine?
    03-26-10 11:35 AM
    I too had horrible battery life with straight .517, but after adding the .553 java folder to the .517 radio, battery life has been incredible. No complaints so far.
    03-26-10 11:48 AM
    That was funny. I love Crackberry Fridays at work. I get nothing done in the afternoon except reply to emails on my BB
    03-26-10 12:29 PM
    That was funny. I love Crackberry Fridays at work. I get nothing done in the afternoon except reply to emails on my BB
    I've seen similar comments from CB users--that OS leaks need to "settle in". makes no sense to me, so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the idea that over time, an OS gets "better". Sounds more like the concept of a placebo at work, more than any real "process" at work. but what do I know.
    03-26-10 12:59 PM
    I have no first hand knowledge - hybrid threads indicate that over the first few days the OS performance changes, so early impressions may not be accurate.

I've ever noticed any such changes, so I'm concerned that battery life is what it is on this OS. It was better last week when I was on the .497/530 hybrid.
    03-26-10 01:00 PM
    I went back to 320
    03-26-10 01:16 PM
    I've seen similar comments from CB users--that OS leaks need to "settle in". makes no sense to me, so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the idea that over time, an OS gets "better". Sounds more like the concept of a placebo at work, more than any real "process" at work. but what do I know.
    I think a lot of people refer to the battery and to the OS settling in. The same as when you load any OS. You can't judge the battery life or other overall responses in 10-15 minutes. A lot of themes you download even take time before they are smooth when you go through the menus and do things on the phone. Some say it's placebo effect and some have proven results. I have tried a lot of different things and most of them react differently. Depends on the device

I liked the comparison to a fine wine though.
    03-26-10 01:25 PM
    Is there a standby mode for the Storm2? Or just Lock and/or Off.
    03-26-10 03:48 PM
    I had same high battery drain issues when I went to .517. I let it go for a couple of days and did several battery pulls. No I have incredible battery life with.517 and I honestly think that my battery life now is better than .320. Give it a couple of days and do a few battery pull and then see how it goes. This is an incredible OS if you give it a couple of days. I've been able to go at least 2 days sometimes without charging at all.
    03-26-10 05:45 PM
    Updated to .517/.591 this afternoon and off the charger 5 hours ago. I haven't used it much (few texts, 10 minutes worth of phone calls) and am now at 85%.

I've done 2 battery pulls so far.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

03-26-10 09:58 PM
    I don't believe in voodoo magic, there's something happening in .517 that drains the battery and i'm gonna find out.

day1:
    opera mini
    pyont
    wifi on
    bluetooth on
    gps on
    weatherbug --> i think this one runs periodically, not sure.
    battery drained completely overnight

day2:
    bluetooth off
    wifi off
    gps: 911 only

batterry left at 90% overnight, stays at 90% in the morning!!

I suspect either the wifi or gps is causing the drain, i know wifi on laptops drain the battery like crazy but could also be gps. Might also be something like opera mini using the wifi constantly or weatherbug turning the gps on and off to do weather updates. I'll know in about a week.
    03-27-10 05:40 AM
    Updated to .517/.591 this afternoon and off the charger 5 hours ago. <snip>
    Could you point me to where you picked up this hybrid please? Thanks.
    03-27-10 06:43 AM
    Could you point me to where you picked up this hybrid please? Thanks.
    Look in ooaks .571 thread.

03-27-10 09:00 AM
    I figure I'll just wait longer and do a few more battery pulls. I didn't have this with .497. That makes me wonder whether any amount of settling in will change this. Still hoping....

03-27-10 09:14 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD