3 days ago I got my new phone which is a BB Curve 8530. I have been using the 8330, so I'm getting used to some differences here. One thing I'm just completely missing is the sound options for sms and email messages. I can set a ringtone for calls, and in clocks I can set alarm sounds, but I can't find where to change to alerts sounds.
    I know this has to be something I'm just overlooking, probably something very obvious....but I wanted to ask for help now. I've searched on this site, although I haven't finished all the topics yet, and I've looked for it in my manual, and even tried to google it. No luck...
    Thanks for any help!
    03-25-10 11:38 PM
    Go to the little sound icon on the top of your home screen... scroll down to "Set Ring Tones/Alerts"...

Will give you options for everything... phone calls, messaging, email, etc.
    03-25-10 11:43 PM
    Damn... how did I not get that??? Thanks so much!!! Was starting to drive me crazy.
    THANK YOU!!!
    03-25-10 11:50 PM
    Damn... how did I not get that??? Thanks so much!!! Was starting to drive me crazy.
    THANK YOU!!!
    No problem... that's what we are here for!
    03-25-10 11:53 PM
    I'm hoping you can help me too, when I set my profile to Vibrate and I get a call from one of the people I have a Contact Alert for it will vibrate and then the ring tone for that person will go off.

Needless to say this problem makes the Vibrate profile worthless in meetings and movies.

Any help?
    03-26-10 12:47 PM
    Try editing the vibrate profile. Same general steps, however, instead of scrolling down to "Set Ring Tones/Alerts", scroll down to "Edit Profile"

Check to see that there are not some sounds assigned even in the vibrate profile.
    03-26-10 02:33 PM
    Nope, only happens with Contact Alerts people. Doesn't happen with contacts where I have not specified a seperate ringtone.
    03-26-10 03:39 PM
    Nope, only happens with Contact Alerts people. Doesn't happen with contacts where I have not specified a seperate ringtone.
    And therein lies your answer - if you set a ringtone for a contact it overrides the current profile setting I do believe.
    03-26-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD