I like this phone (especially the music buttons at top) and but feel like I might be missing out since it is only 2G. Does anyone know how much faster the Bold feels since it is 3G. Am I missing out big time?
    03-25-10 10:33 PM
    I like this phone (especially the music buttons at top) and but feel like I might be missing out since it is only 2G. Does anyone know how much faster the Bold feels since it is 3G. Am I missing out big time?
    Switch to Sprint and it will be 3G, lol.

03-25-10 11:02 PM
    Performance wise the Bold is a hair faster nothing you would miss. As for 2G vs 3G well we all know the answer to that. Lol
    03-25-10 11:06 PM
    Sorry... couldn't resist being a smart a**.

Bajan is right though... the difference in speed between the two devices is minimal IMO. However, the difference in network speed between 2g and 3g is going to be significant.

Device wise though, as far as processor... I think it would be almost unnoticeable.
    03-25-10 11:10 PM
    I like the media buttons on top too they make it much easier to change the song. No u aren't missing out my curve is 2.5G because its on EDGE networks and its fast enough for me. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 11:12 PM
    Thanks everyone. It seems that the Bold won't make too much of a difference so I'll just stick with the Curve I have.
    03-26-10 01:58 AM
    The Bold's processor is stronger so you can expect less 'clock' time and better performance with a higher amount of apps running.

Some BB sites have 3G vs 2G (EDGE) comparisons and usually they point that 3G is better for streaming (audio/video) and large amounts of data ingeneral. But it seem as fast as and sometimes slower when it comes down to small chuncks.

Google that for the articles!
    03-26-10 06:48 AM
    To clear something up, GPRS is 2G, Edge is 2.5G and UMRS is 3G. (These are GSM Specs only) Yes there is a difference in network speed. My wife has a 3G Cliq, and my 2.5G EDGE Gemini is only slightly slower. That dosent mean however, that I wouldnt jump to a bold 9700 when my update time is here.
    03-26-10 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD