I have the Curve 8430 and all of a sudden when I enter something in my calendar, the option to set a reminder is not there. I've checked options and calendar settings, everything looks fine, and I haven't changed anything. I've also done a battery pull. Any ideas???
    03-25-10 10:03 PM
    Calender > General Options ...

Scroll down to "Actions" > Default Reminder... make sure it isn't set to "None" Also, make sure "Show Alarms" is set to Yes.
    03-25-10 10:06 PM
    Yep, both are set: 1 hour and yes???
    03-25-10 10:12 PM
    Ok... one more thing to try...

When you go into Calendar Options, you will see a list of Calendars... ie. Default, [email protected]... if you click on the calendar that you use as a default, make sure the "Display Reminder" option is set in there.
    03-25-10 10:19 PM
    Well, if i go into Calendars, the Options, there is:
    Genderal Options
    Conference Call Options
    Calendars (this is bolded)
    then under that there's only:
    Groups
    ???? that's all that's in there.
    03-25-10 10:26 PM
    Default... that is the device calendar. Click on that... and then check if the reminder option is selected there.

03-25-10 10:37 PM
    in default:
    Appointment Color
    Wireless Synchronization
    Display Reminders: Yes
    Number of Entries: 95

I do not have the email address(s) listed under Groups & Default like your screen shot shows? Am I missing something? Thanx so much for all this assistance
    03-25-10 10:43 PM
    in default:
    Appointment Color
    Wireless Synchronization
    Display Reminders: Yes
    Number of Entries: 95

I do not have the email address(s) listed under Groups & Default like your screen shot shows? Am I missing something? Thanx so much for all this assistance
    Well, it seems all your notification settings are correct... I must admit I'm stumped. Have you tried re-sending your service books?

I have email addresses listed because I sync my Google Apps calendar with my blackberry. If you are not syncing, you won't have any email addresses listed.

I would try re-sending your service books and see if that fixes the problem.
    03-25-10 10:50 PM
    I resent the service books, now everything is in my calendar twice!! Once from synching with my outlook calendar and once under 'groups'. Arggggg. Guess I will have to go by the Sprint store tomorrow and have them fix it! thanx for all the suggestions tho.
    03-26-10 12:14 AM
    Just wanted to let everyone know, I changed my font size (smaller) and now the the reminder option is back. Werid!!
    03-26-10 09:40 AM
    Just wanted to let everyone know, I changed my font size (smaller) and now the the reminder option is back. Werid!!
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot that would do that, lol. (I had no clue either)

Good deal, glad you got it fixed. Yeah, resending service books can be a PITA sometimes, but it's amazing the problems it fixes.
    03-26-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD