I am a fairly new BB user... I can somewhat figure stuff out but I'm confused right now so please bear with me. I previously had the BB Curve 8330 through Sprint. For my wallpaper I had some generic picture, and the theme was a stock theme already on the phone. It was Sprint "Zen" and the icons when you exited the application screen were on the left vertically. This was on OS 4.5.0.175.

Now I have the BB Curve 8530, also through Sprint, and the only themes I see are Precision Sprint and Precision Zen, however, the "Zen" lays the icons on the bottom. Not a big deal, but I liked how it was on the 8330 (left, vertically). How can I get that back?

Also, the icons are different of course. On the 8330 whatever wallpaper I had would be behind the icons in the Applications screen. Now with the 8530, I only see the wallpaper when I am home screen with the icons on the bottom. As soon as I enter the application screen, I see the icons but only a dark screen behind. Why doesn't the wallpaper transfer over like it did on the 8330?

I would like a simple theme for the 8530 that would allow the icons to be on the left vertically, and for the wallpaper to be shown behind the icons.

I hope all of that made some sense : ) Thanks for any help.

Edit: Forgot to add, the 8530 has OS 5.0.0.459. The icons are the "transparent" type, I would like the regular icons I had on the BB 8330. I like the 8530 but I'm just anal about the way I had my screen set up on the 8330 and would like to get it back to that!
    Last edited by princilam99; 03-25-10 at 10:03 PM.
    03-25-10 10:00 PM
    First... unfortunately, neither of the stock themes that Sprint provides on the 8530 offer the left side configuration for the icons. You will need to find a custom theme for that layout.

In regards to the wallpaper being behind the secondary screens, that's just the way the OS is set up. Not sure, but you might be able to find a custom theme that shows the wallpaper behind the icons in every screen.

So... in short... the answer to your question is do some searching and find a custom theme that fits what you are looking for. You might get lucky and find a free one, but my guess is you will have to pay for what you are looking for. Don't worry, they are relatively cheap.
    03-25-10 11:08 PM
    Even on the Storm..it only ships with one theme.
    03-25-10 11:14 PM
    My 8520 only came with one theme lol!! What's up with that t-mobile! Its a cool theme (precision) but wish I had more. There r some sweet themes if you do some searchin but gotta make sure its a legit site

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 11:21 PM
    And you might want to start right here:

http://crackberry.com/download/themes
    03-26-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD