I've searched high and low for the answer and haven't had any luck so I apologize if this has been answered somewhere and I missed it.

I've got a 9630 (running the official Sprint 5.0.484 OS) and I'm using Entourage 2008 and Missing Sync 2.0.3. My issue is that while Entourage Notes shows the entries I have saved, Missing Sync keeps syncing old notes that I have deleted from Entourage months ago. Anyone have ideas as to what is causing these deleted notes to keep syncing to the phone?

Again, apologies if this was answered somewhere and I just haven't found it. I've searched here as well as Googled it and have absolutely zero luck finding a solution.

Any helps is GREATLY appreciated!
    Matt
    03-25-10 09:37 PM
    This should help...

support.markspace.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=464

remove the space at the end before "eid=464" to get the correct page on the issue.
    03-30-10 02:05 AM
    Hey vidd99...

This article is about if the program is crashing, not really about adding old notes back. I have no sync issues (all stuff syncs up with no crash)...just have the old notes getting added back in each time I sync.

Thoughts? And thanks!
    03-30-10 01:15 PM
    actually the article title says:

Missing Sync for BlackBerry: Sync Failure (Notes) or Crash (with Log Messages)

I had the same issue, asked their Tech support about it and was told to go through the steps there about downgrading...

Worked for me.
    03-30-10 03:33 PM
    You are correct...my bad. I'll give the downgrade a go and see what happens.

Thanks for the help!
    03-30-10 05:18 PM
    Ok, so I've downgraded to 2.0.2 and am still getting the same issue - when I sync, all my old Notes get added back in, even though they don't exist in Entourage any more.

At this point, I'm wondering if this is an issue with the Entourage database somehow holding on to old notes and not truly deleting them. I've dug around trying to find out information about this but haven't had much luck with information about this either.

Thoughts? And thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by sigmaxaa; 03-31-10 at 02:11 PM.
    03-31-10 02:02 PM
    When you open Entourage, go to the Entourage menu and select Preferences, then the Sync Services tab. Is Entourage notes syncing with MobileMe turned on?

It has to be to sync with Missing Sync.
    04-02-10 02:15 AM
    The preferences box for Notes is checked. The sync process works perfectly - calendar items get added/changed/deleted correctly and new/altered notes get added/changed as they should be.

The only issue I have is that old notes, that have been deleted long ago and no longer reside in Entourage, keep getting added back to the phone with every sync.
    04-02-10 08:53 AM
    For all who have been checking on this, I think I might have found an answer but I'll keep testing and update later.

My thoughts were that, somewhere in the Entourage database, these old notes are "hiding" - they don't show in Entourage as actual notes but they are out there somewhere as line items in the database. In order to test this, I changed my settings in Missing Sync to "Device overwrites desktop". As soon as the sync process started, Missing Sync popped up a window stating that there were 9 discrepancies, which in turn forced Missing Sync to kill the mystery notes. I then changed the settings in MS to "Desktop overwrites device", resync'd and all the old notes that I wanted deleted no longer showed up.

Kind of a back-a$$wards way of going about it but it seems to work. I'll update as I add/delete more notes as to if my issue is permanently solved.

Vid99...thanks for jumping in with advice. I appreciate it!
    04-02-10 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD