i'm done with blackberries.

i'm not sure if anyone feels the same, but i've gone through four phones, each one with something faulty. and now for no apparent reason, the water detector sticker on my phone has gone red, even though it has had no contact with water. i don't like the quality of phones that RIM has been producing, and i'm done with it.
    03-25-10 03:42 PM
    sorry you feel that way.

but the sticker would of gone red in any phone you would of own.

Humidity and water are the only 2 things that do that to a phone.

Hope you find what you are looking for, in a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 03:45 PM
    Yea that's a bummer!

If you would, give it another go! I can't see myself EVER going to a different smartphone other than blackberry. Now of course, I have never had a problem with a blackberry that wasn't my own fault to begin with. I first had an 8100 and it was a good intro phone. No issue. Then had an 8900 and no issue other than the trackball. But that's all wear and tear. Now the 9700 and its wonderful!

Maybe you just had some bad luck?

03-25-10 07:12 PM
    Yea that's a bummer!

If you would, give it another go! I can't see myself EVER going to a different smartphone other than blackberry. Now of course, I have never had a problem with a blackberry that wasn't my own fault to begin with. I first had an 8100 and it was a good intro phone. No issue. Then had an 8900 and no issue other than the trackball. But that's all wear and tear. Now the 9700 and its wonderful!

Maybe you just had some bad luck?

Agreed. I started with an 8700 then moved to 8300 > 8900 > 9700. Not one has had any real problems. I believe RIM makes a very solid device. But, I guess like anything else you can have the misfortune of getting a lemon or two.
    03-25-10 07:52 PM
    4 lemons in a row? then you wet the phone. sounds fishy to me.
    03-25-10 07:54 PM
    Yup. User abuser.

03-25-10 08:41 PM
    don't worry. the wahhhhhmbulance is on the way. Blackberry's are solid and people are always beating the **** out of their phones. My 9700 is my 4th berry and i haven't had any problems that i didn't cause myself.
    03-25-10 08:46 PM
    I have had to get 1 replacement in all the years with RIM, and it wasnt even that bad. I did have a sticker go red on me but that was because I used to set it in the bathroom when I showered. Took me awhile to realize the steam will do that. I still bring it in the bathroom but set it on the floor near the door
    03-25-10 08:50 PM
    So the only thing wrong with this one is red detector sticker? Anything wrong with the phone itself?

03-25-10 08:53 PM
    this is going to be my last blackberry phone. (until they get their act together)
    03-25-10 08:54 PM
    i'm done with blackberries.

i'm not sure if anyone feels the same, but i've gone through four phones, each one with something faulty. and now for no apparent reason, the water detector sticker on my phone has gone red, even though it has had no contact with water. i don't like the quality of phones that RIM has been producing, and i'm done with it.
    What's the point of double posting this? You already made a thread about this very subject about 53 minutes earlier crybaby. Keep it to yourself.
    03-25-10 08:55 PM
    bye bye! See ya!
    03-25-10 09:03 PM
    So the only thing wrong with this one is red detector sticker? Anything wrong with the phone itself?

Exactly what I was wondering. But anyway, I hope you have better luck with your next phone.
    03-25-10 09:12 PM
    sweat is also big for turning the sticker red
    03-25-10 09:29 PM
    The majority of times it's not the device that's faulty and defective but the people who own them.

03-25-10 10:28 PM
    That's unfortunate that you've gone through 4 defective units. Good luck finding another phone!
    03-25-10 10:37 PM
    There's definently some validity to what this guy is saying. I went through more replacements than him mostly for cosmetic reason. Even the 9700 i have now is bleeding out of the side of the phone and the bezel is loose on the right side, however i can deal with it. I'm tired of replacing phones. I think maybe rimm is trying to cut costs manufacturing phones in third world countrys? Anyways i'm sticking with my berry. Can't wait for the new webkit browser
    03-25-10 10:45 PM
    Nha-nha-nha-nha......nha-nha-nha-nha hey hey hey good bye
    03-25-10 10:47 PM
    I went through 5 9700's myself in 1 month. Now Im stuck with this one which has a loose trackpad, loose bezel and it takes 5 minutes to reboot with nothing but bare bone apps installed. Piece of crap. And it will be my last one ever. After my contract is up, im never coming back to this phone.
    03-25-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD