google sync works fine for me, to get my google calendar as well as my wife's calendar, onto my BB calendar.

However, last night I added an optional calendar through google's calendar options (its a holiday calendar), and the holidays showed up (with a different color--cool) on the google calendar, but two forced sync's later, I still couldn't see that additional calendar on my Storm. The calendar I am referring to is listed under "Browse Interesting Calendars", in the Google Calendar Settings, Calendar tab.

Has anyone tried sync'ing google calendars not associated with someone's google account (ie assigned to an email addy)? did it work for you or not?
    03-25-10 12:59 PM
    i am pretty sure the BB service just sees "google" calendar. Go to options>advanced options>default services then look at the calender drop down. Those are going to be you only options and each will be a different color. and its a pain working with them sometimes. This is 1 spot i think WebOS from palm and other OSs might have a nice 1-up on RIM
    03-25-10 01:08 PM
    My experience with calendar syncing is that each color represents a different one (as bb sees it), so like Matt said, for the bb to sync that new color, you'll have to have that service book entry, allowing it to be listed in your default services. In your service books, it would show up as a CICAL entry, which, as far as I know, also has to be associated with a different email address (a matching CMIME entry).

Out of curiosity, does your google sync also sync you contacts, or just the calendar?
    03-25-10 01:15 PM
    My experience with calendar syncing is that each color represents a different one (as bb sees it), so like Matt said, for the bb to sync that new color, you'll have to have that service book entry, allowing it to be listed in your default services. In your service books, it would show up as a CICAL entry, which, as far as I know, also has to be associated with a different email address (a matching CMIME entry).

Out of curiosity, does your google sync also sync you contacts, or just the calendar?
    I deliberately exclude contacts from sync'ing because I underutilize google contacts.
    03-25-10 01:55 PM
    I clicked on each holiday and copied to my calendar that is the only way I got it to show.
    03-25-10 01:56 PM
    I clicked on each holiday and copied to my calendar that is the only way I got it to show.
    ah. thx for the confirmation what I wanted to do doesn't work on yours either.
    03-25-10 02:06 PM
    That's the only way it works. You should be able to download the calendar to your computer and the re-upload it into your Google calendar and then it will work. For some reason sync will not sync any of those special calendars, I tried for a good 2 hours one day to get all my sports teams to do that. I got it to work by downloading their calendars from the team web page and adding it into the Google calendar separately.
    03-25-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD