I purchased a new Blackberry Bold 9700 about a week ago and it was cool for about a week. I then noticed that it is failing to boot up period..it keeps coming up with the white screen with the battery and line through it like it is not recognizing the battery. I actually pushed the battery up tighter to the contacts and then it tried to boot once...now all I get is the white battery with the line in it...I hve tried several things...dropping it on hard carpet to reset the placement....battery pulls...etc..nothing works.. I have cancelled my account with the carrier but still want to keep the phone...help...Can i return it to Blackberry for a repair or exchange and if so, how.....thanks for anyone's help..
    03-24-10 07:09 AM
    Try removing the battery, then plug in the device to your PC... let it boot up, then put the battery back in the device... give that a try... not totally sure if it will work, but it's worth a try.
    03-24-10 07:24 AM
    Try another battery. Find someone with a 9000 or a 9700 and give it a try.
    03-24-10 07:27 AM
    If you had not cancelled your account after a week they would have given you a new phone!

Now you are going to have a ETF AND no working phone!

Maybe go back and reactivate your account?
    03-24-10 07:44 AM
    When you cancel your account, you are obligated to return the phone otherwise you are going to get charged a few hundres bucks for a broken phone. Hopefully, it's just the battery, otherwise your in a pickle.
    03-24-10 08:53 AM
    Im stumped. cancelled your contract for a bad battery. WOW
    03-25-10 11:28 PM
    Doesn't Blackberry have a one year warranty? Call them and send it in. The poster who said that you should have turned your phone in is correct. I hope you didn't have to pay retail for the phone when you canceled.
    03-26-10 12:07 AM
    Install the OS u want on ur computer. Drill down to the installed OS and start app loader. When u get to the pin, it may say "device not found" or something like that. Click next. The os should start to install but it won't activate b/c u canceled ur account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD