View Poll Results: Which weather application do you prefer?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • BeWeather

8 80.00%
  • Weather Channel

2 20.00%
    Why should I buy berry weather for 4.95 (on sale today) when weather channel works just fine and is up to date and accurate?? Everyone swears by berry-weather because you get all of this extra information but how many of you ACTUALLY need to know the barometric pressure or the dew point? or the elevation? or sea temp? or any of that? Maybe its just me but all I need is the temp, forecast, and advisories...all of which I get on the clean, user friendly, reliable, and FREE, weather.com app... Convince me
    03-23-10 06:04 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but I like having the temperature and weather icon on my wallpaper instead of having to start up my browser or click on an icon that launches a web page.

I just have to look at my phone and I know what the temp is, what it feels like, the high/low for the day, and even the conditions outside.

I even payed the full price for it and I really like it. I tried Weathereye when I used the 8330 and it wasn't nearly as accurate...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 06:19 PM
    Personally I prefer the free version of weather bug. You still get the radar and tons of extra features.
    03-23-10 06:19 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but I like having the temperature and weather icon on my wallpaper instead of having to start up my browser or click on an icon that launches a web page.

I just have to look at my phone and I know what the temp is, what it feels like, the high/low for the day, and even the conditions outside.

I even payed the full price for it and I really like it. I tried Weathereye when I used the 8330 and it wasn't nearly as accurate...

Weatherbug puts the high/low/current temp and current conditions on the icon with good accuracy.
    03-23-10 06:21 PM
    I agree with Image I like having the info on my wallpaper.
    03-23-10 06:27 PM
    I use beweather free and does what I want it to do. I just downloaded a theme with a weatherslot and the icon shows me the current temperature and I decided for it to show me hi/lo as well. I didn't see any use of the extras that came along with the paid version.

03-23-10 06:39 PM
    I use berryweather and like it over the free apps because I can have an icon for it on my home screen.

03-23-10 06:45 PM
    BerryWeather is amazing, and I bought it today because it was on sale. I was skeptical at first, but now that I have it, I deleted the other Weather app I used to rely on all of the time! I definitely suggest getting Berry Weather today while it's on sale.
    03-23-10 06:53 PM
    Berryweather looks awesome on wallpapers, I use mostly scenic wallpaper and I love being able to put the weather icon as large or as small as I wantn where I want...it usually fits right in with my picture.

03-23-10 08:02 PM
    Actually the weather.com app doesn't launch the browser its an application on its own. So your all basically telling me that the only benefit over the accurate weather channel app is the fact that you can have the icon on your homepage?
    03-23-10 09:05 PM
    nvm I bought it...what ever for 5 bucks
    03-23-10 09:13 PM
    Is it a free upgrade when a new version comes out or do you have to pay again?
    03-23-10 10:43 PM
    My vote goes to BerryWeather... had since the day I bought my Tour last Oct...couldn't be happier. I guess if the $5 is the deal breaker, go for the freebie stuff... like they say you get what you pay for!! It only costs a little more to go first class.
    03-23-10 11:53 PM
    Is it a free upgrade when a new version comes out or do you have to pay again?
    What new versions are you talking about? If you are speaking of BerryWeather, yes it's free to get the upgrades.
    03-23-10 11:55 PM
    I had the Be weather free, and I couldnt get a detailed forecast for each day, just a hi/lo. Is that something that comes with the paid app?
    03-23-10 11:57 PM
    Yea its a nice app...glad I bought it...
    Thanks
    03-24-10 01:16 AM
    What new versions are you talking about? If you are speaking of BerryWeather, yes it's free to get the upgrades.
    Just like most other purchased apps, upgrades within the same version (2.1 to 2.2) are free, while major upgrades (2.x to 3.x) require some sort of payment. In the case of BerryWeather, users of the 1.x version were offered a discount to upgrade to version 2.x...I think it was around $3.00.
    03-24-10 08:43 AM
    Why should I buy berry weather for 4.95 (on sale today) when weather channel works just fine and is up to date and accurate?? Everyone swears by berry-weather because you get all of this extra information but how many of you ACTUALLY need to know the barometric pressure or the dew point? or the elevation? or sea temp? or any of that? Maybe its just me but all I need is the temp, forecast, and advisories...all of which I get on the clean, user friendly, reliable, and FREE, weather.com app... Convince me
    i live near a beach so i use i like knowing the sea temp. i also follow the barametic pressure to track storms and fronts because i get BP headaches.

i love BeWeather! i like the GPS feature and the layout of this app. BeWeather on sale makes it even better!
    03-24-10 08:50 AM
    My vote goes to BerryWeather... had since the day I bought my Tour last Oct...couldn't be happier. I guess if the $5 is the deal breaker, go for the freebie stuff... like they say you get what you pay for!! It only costs a little more to go first class.
    What makes it first class compared to weather bug?
    03-24-10 09:31 AM
    My biggest problem with BeWeather is that it turns my tour into a doorstop. Everything takes much longer to do. I've been trying all the versions' free trial and they all had the same problem. I have the free version which isn't bloated and the icon is nice. When I want more info, I use weatherbug.

The extra info is very useful when I'm on motorcycle trips and need to prepare for the day's ride.
    03-24-10 09:36 AM
    Be Weather Free love it I use to use The Weather Channel app until I realized what Be Weather Free does & is far better.
    03-24-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD