Likely untrue, but can dream I spose.

I'm sorta thinking I'd like that hardware/form factor running Android OS... Been wanting a large touch screen android phone with vertical slider and decent keyboard.
    03-23-10 04:44 PM
    Palm already made a statement and declined android os
    03-23-10 06:01 PM
    Yeah, I figured that from all I've read.

Still thought it was a cool form factor. Just what I'd want. webOs is cool, I'm just more digging Android. Really surprised someone hasn't done that really. Love my Droid, but, well, it's love/hate haha
    03-23-10 06:05 PM
    Yeah, I figured that from all I've read.

Still thought it was a cool form factor. Just what I'd want. webOs is cool, I'm just more digging Android. Really surprised someone hasn't done that really. Love my Droid, but, well, it's love/hate haha
    yeah a lot of people, especially business people like the form factor. but i think hardcore uses will more likely use something like the droid or n1's form factor.

WebOS's UI is great, but the navigating the Os sucks. Android + Sense UI = perfection in my option. For whatever reason, HTC is able to get all the complaints from Android OS and make perfect widgets that everyone is longing for. The Desire with Sense UI + Android 2.1 is freaking incredible.
    03-23-10 06:14 PM
    Haven't used Sense UI... That good huh? I like your thoughts on the Desire, thats for sure. An exciing time coming I know.

Your device sounds amazing... I'm just gonna have to devote and commit to modding mine out like that.

Yeah, have the Droid but I hate the Droid phys KB and not real impressed with text editing on the virtual, and I use swype and Smarter KB. Maybe if it had a virtual tracpad, I'd be cool. But, a slide down KB like palm with a "good" chicklet kb like a BB w/tracpad. I'd be in heaven for the long sessions on IM and email.
    03-23-10 06:21 PM
    i didn't like the palm pre form factor at all when i had one. the screen is smaller than the droid and the keyboard is far less usable imo, plus there's no virtual keyboard. the text editing features weren't all that good either on the palm.
    03-23-10 07:33 PM
    Well, that doesn't sound to good. Only reason for all that stuff IS text editing. Otherwise, Droid is fine. I've never played with a newer one. Just looked them over. The potential of the design "generally" is appealing. Apparently not in reality on the Palm tho.

Hard to find a great keyboard Liked my 8830 a lot... Someday, they'll finally make Android with good screen with additional slide out (8830/Bold-ish?) KB + tracpad
    03-23-10 09:00 PM
    i still haven't seen a phone that has a physical keyboard as good as the blackberry gold standard.

i had high hopes for the pre, but alas the hardware was a let down. especially with no virtual keyboard. imagine if we didn't have a virtual keyboard option on the droid...
    03-23-10 09:06 PM
    Yeah, that would be bad on Droid. I really can't use the phys kb on it. I've had mine 4 months and have used that kb only a few time. And I really tried to like it. One of a couple things I "really" miss about the BB...

That, and the way it handled multi account email integration/SMS/IM.
    03-23-10 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD