Saw this over at Android Central! THIS IS the android device I've been waiting for!

Engadget hands-on review: HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

Here it is, friends, the moment you've all been waiting for: a true 4G phone. It's the HTC EVO 4G. You're looking at a 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, an 8 megapixel camera, a HD Video capture, HDMI video out, and a 4.3" screen ...and even a little kickstand on the back. Availability this summer - more as we get it, we're here live now! Follow us on twitter for updates.

Update: also acts as a Mobile WiFi Hotspot, yo! More specs: there is also a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera. Two new apps on board: Qik video streaming is there and a new app called YouTube HQ which streams higher quality YouTube videos when you are on WiFi or 4G

Full Press Release after the break.

Today at CTIA Wireless, Sprint and HTC announce the upcoming availability of the new HTC EVO 4G device to be offered this summer. The HTC EVO 4G is the world�s first 3G/4G Android device and offers one of the most robust multimedia experiences on a wireless phone. Sprint 4G delivers peak download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving HTC EVO 4G the fastest data speeds of any U.S. device available today.

This feature packed device delivers a multimedia experience at 4G speeds that is second to none, making it possible to download music, pictures, files, or videos in seconds. Also boasting a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and dual cameras � an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera, the HTC EVO 4G ensures a smooth experience. Additionally, you can watch streaming video on-the-go on one of the largest pinch-to-zoom 4.3 inch display.

In addition to these class-leading features, the HTC EVO 4G incorporates the HTC Sense user experience and adds a number of new features, including Friend Stream, which aggregates multiple social communication channels including Facebook and Twitter into one organized flow of updates. The HTC Sense experience also touts a �Leap� thumbnail view to easily switch between home screen �panels;� the ability to download new, interactive widgets; and a �polite� ringer, which quiets the ringing phone once lifted up. With these added features, the HTC EVO 4G is as intuitive as it is powerful.

Customers will be able to purchase HTC EVO 4G through all Sprint channels and through national retail partners, RadioShack, Best Buy and Walmart, this summer. Pricing will be announced at a later date and pre-registration begins today at Sprint - HTC EVO™ 4G.
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 05-17-10 at 11:42 AM.
    03-23-10 04:30 PM
    I really love my Blackberry and find it to be the best phone I've ever used; but this thing just looks insane. I will definitely be buying one of these and taking my 30 days to decide if its for me, or if I'm sticking with BB. Just wish RIM would start pushing to allow for some of these features.
    03-23-10 04:46 PM
    I am with you. There is no way I can pass this thing up. This is a game changer. The specs are just plain ridiculous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 04:54 PM
    Yea I'm gonna jump ship for this one...they put everything into this one.
    03-23-10 05:01 PM
    I think there might be an additional charge for 4G srvcs though. I hope they don't hit us over the head with something like an additional $40-50.
    03-23-10 05:04 PM
    I think there might be an additional charge for 4G srvcs though. I hope they don't hit us over the head with something like an additional $40-50.
    I don't think that's likely.
    03-23-10 05:09 PM
    I'm a jealous verizon user. It looks amazing!
    03-23-10 05:15 PM
    more like raise the ETF like vzw did.

jack it up to $400 and not prorate it
    03-23-10 05:18 PM
    Wow.

That looks amazing.
    03-23-10 05:18 PM
    I hope your right man...If THIS device doesn't save Sprint, i dont know what will.
    03-23-10 05:20 PM
    Sprint doesn't need saving they know what there doing
    03-23-10 05:22 PM
    Nevermind switching carrier, I'm thinking about moving to America for this!!
    03-23-10 05:23 PM
    SSSSSSONIC BOOooooM! haha this thing is a beast! was waiting for incredible, but might have to jump ship to Sprint.
    03-23-10 05:23 PM
    Ok the image is too big for the forums so here's a link to the full specs as put out by Sprint.
    03-23-10 05:27 PM
    more like raise the ETF like vzw did.

jack it up to $400 and not prorate it
    Well first off the proration thing will always happen, all the carriers are running scared of the FCC at the moment. So, I doubt they'll raise the ETF.

Until everyone else gets onboard with 4G I doubt Sprint will raise prices, that would just be shooting themselves in the foot. They finally have a phone that the masses are drooling over. If you go to other Android Forums you'll see even the AT&T and Verizon kids are talking about jumping ship for this.

I think it's having the desired effect Sprint wanted.
    03-23-10 05:32 PM
    Well first off the proration thing will always happen, all the carriers are running scared of the FCC at the moment. So, I doubt they'll raise the ETF.

Until everyone else gets onboard with 4G I doubt Sprint will raise prices, that would just be shooting themselves in the foot. They finally have a phone that the masses are drooling over. If you go to other Android Forums you'll see even the AT&T and Verizon kids are talking about jumping ship for this.

They really did it with this device. I don't know if anyone will be able to top this device this year. Plus with the wimax and the deal Sprint has, you would have re be crazy not to go for this if you are an Android fan.

03-23-10 05:45 PM
    They really did it with this device. I don't know if anyone will be able to top this device this year. Plus with the wimax and the deal Sprint has, you would have re be crazy not to go for this if you are an Android fan.

You can say that again. My Hero will be boxed up and placed in a drawer as a backup phone. I don't even care about the 2.1 update now.

Though I have to admit if the Galaxy comes to Sprint I'd have to take a close look at it, even though I'm not a big Samsung fan.
    03-23-10 05:55 PM

Your absolutely right. They just need to release asap before other networks start releasing their own variations. Either way I'm staying with Sprint & will patiently wait for this.
    03-23-10 06:03 PM
    Hot dam! Sprint pulled a rabbit out of their hat with this phone. They totally trumped T-Mo's, WinMo HD2. I just hope they get some cell towers installed in my area by the time this phone is released. If not, I will still buy it.
    03-23-10 06:03 PM
    03-23-10 06:06 PM
    WOW just WOW...sorry blackberry. Its been a great year and a half but the day this thing comes out....Im leaving you! The Specs are just insane!
    03-23-10 06:15 PM
    Sprint doesn't need saving they know what there doing
    LOL. As someone that used to work at Sprint, they definitely need something to pull them out of the hole they created when they bought Nextel for billions and billions. They don't exactly know what they are doing all the time.

That being said, this phone looks incredibly awesome. I would love to see that processor running Android, combined with 4G. Should be fun.
    03-23-10 06:19 PM
    I have a feeling Sprint will require a simply everything plan or something.

03-23-10 06:42 PM
    This phone looks great - Can't wait for it to come out. Been wating to try Android. Keep thinking I should get a HERO but with this coming out, I will hold on to the Tour for now and got for this or the Sprint's version of the Nexus One
    03-23-10 06:45 PM
    I have a feeling Sprint will require a simply everything plan or something.

Why would you buy the EVO 4G if you're not going to use it to it's full potential?
    03-23-10 07:00 PM
245 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD