My phone has been acting weird all day... The phone has been slow and the network traffic indicators (arrows) have been flashing all day, even though there are no apps open, and I've done a 1 minute battery pull. Whatever it's doing, it's sucking my battery life.

Upgraded to the .545 last week and battery life has been fine until today. Using BES but no real changes that should have caused the phone to resyn or anything.

Any ideas?
    03-23-10 01:15 PM
    Since you are on BES, is it possible the BES Admin is pushing an app or new setting, possibly causing the constant network traffic? I am not familiar with BES since I am BIS, but from what I understand the BES allows the admin to do pretty much anything with or without your knowledge, i.e. tracking your location with GPS...

Don
    03-23-10 01:18 PM
    could it be trying to connect to a wifi that's not working? That happened to mine over the weekend and I ended up having to reboot the router and all was good
    03-23-10 01:38 PM
    Check if u have any programs running in the background as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 01:50 PM
    Nothing seems to be running in the background, and even with wi-fi off it seems to be doing it. Also, the BES push is possible, but very unlikely because I use a paid service (DNA Mail) that syncs up with my Exchange.

According to MeterBerry, today's usage is 6.4% per hour... For the days following the upgrade to .545 it was 2.3ish% per hour. So there's something going on despite the fact that I haven't installed anything new, usage is the same, and nothing seems to be running in the background - and tried the battery pulls.

hummmm
    03-23-10 03:18 PM
    Mine did that too..ended up burning through 50mb in 3 days even when I was connected to wifi for 90% of the time and was hardly on my phone when I was out. I reloaded my OS and it seemed to fix it, so try that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 03:38 PM
    Mine did the same thing yesterday. It was draining at about 15% per hour and I was doing nothing with it, wifi, and bluetooth were both shut off too. At 2:00 I was down to 30% so I did a battery pull and then the drain stopped. Not sure what was going on, couldn't see any apps running either. On a normal day I use about 10% of the battery, so something strange was going on.
    03-23-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD