....total ownage. Sure does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 12:34 PM
    Well here's an interesting twist. I played with a Droid at Verizon recently. I couldn't type on either keyboard to save my life. I am however, a big fan of the Android o/s.
    03-23-10 07:44 PM
    Not that I don't agree with you, but one reason for it would have been nice.
    03-23-10 08:00 PM
    Not that I don't agree with you, but one reason for it would have been nice.
    Well if you've been a frequent visitor here at the R&R subforum, you would already know the answer.
    03-23-10 08:24 PM
    Agreed, I mean seriously, what kind of touchscreen nowadays doesn't have SurePress?? I played around with a droid, and kept selecting things that I didn't want to select, because it should click to select like a storm. I don't know how people use touchscreen devices without SurePress, its a NIGHTMARE

03-23-10 10:11 PM
    Funny, I knew who posted the thread before I even read it. Trust me, he doesn't want an intelligent debate. I doubt he's ever touched either.

@richvista: I thought the same thing for about the first hour of owning my nexus one. Now I'm used to it and don't miss surepress at all. FWIW android requires that their devices have some sort of input selection tool, like a d-pad or track-pad.

03-24-10 12:17 AM
    Funny, I knew who posted the thread before I even read it. Trust me, he doesn't want an intelligent debate. I doubt he's ever touched either.

@richvista: I thought the same thing for about the first hour of owning my nexus one. Now I'm used to it and don't miss surepress at all. FWIW android requires that their devices have some sort of input selection tool, like a d-pad or track-pad.

No; it's just better by leaps and bounds.

Embarrassingly better. end of discussion.

03-24-10 09:51 AM

So your agreeing that you don't want an intelligent debate, and you've never touched either phone? What are these "leaps and bounds" you speak of? Why did you start a thread when the discussion ended before the thread even got started?

If I were you, I would be embarrassed by your complete lack of logic, and knowledge on the subject. I agree with DrewCSchultz, you must of missed the day when they were handing out brains, because you obviously got a defective one...
    Last edited by ridesno159; 03-24-10 at 03:06 PM.
    03-24-10 10:32 AM
    ^ Man chill out,..not everyone is as serious about cell phones as u are,....take a deep breath,...in the end its just a phone
    03-24-10 12:26 PM

A discussion implies an exchange of ideas and reasoning. To have an end to something, there must be a start to it first.
    03-24-10 12:58 PM
    ^ Man chill out,..not everyone is as serious about cell phones as u are,....take a deep breath,...in the end its just a phone
    I agree, and I am very calm, no problems here. In the end that's all it is, a phone. We all have different reasons for liking and disliking phones, right? Not one phone can keep everyone happy, I understand that, and I'm glad we have so many choices...

But really??? The OP made a statement, and another post. In both of those not one little opinion that would support his original statement. That doesn't seem odd to you? I mean, I would have took, "Droid's slide out keyboard is dumb," or "The Droid is ugly." Or, "Surepress is the best thing since sliced bread." This is a forum where we discuss everything about phones, isn't it?

If you want to know what a discussion is, refer to the post above this, l.a.rossmann did a great job explaining that.
    03-24-10 01:20 PM
    Ridesno: I agree with what you said. Dumb way to start a post, like the little kid in the schoolyard who screams something inane. I was very curious about the Droid when it first came out and ran over to the store to play with it. The keyboard simply did not float my boat, it just wasn't my thing. I have several friends and relatives who love it (and some who don't) but in the end, it all boils down to personal opinion and experience.
    03-24-10 01:27 PM
    You came to the rants & raves forum to tell everyone to chill out? Time well spent.

03-24-10 02:35 PM
    So your agreeing that you don't want an intelligent debate, and you've never touched either phone? What are these "leaps and bounds" you speak of? Why did you start a thread when the discussion ended before the thread even got started?

If I were you, I would be embarrassed by your complete lack of logic, and knowledge on the subject. I agree with kb5zht, you must of missed the day when they were handing out brains, because you obviously got a defective one...
    Thanks for agreeing with me in your second paragraph.

Anyway, back to my original point. The storm stomps the droid into the dust because (1) its a much better phone and (2) the storm can do much more. Its so much better. Face it, those owning a droidtoy who say they like it are just lieing to themselves.

Last edited by kb5zht; 03-24-10 at 02:53 PM.
    03-24-10 02:48 PM
    Thanks for agreeing with me in your second paragraph.

Anyway, back to my original point. The storm stomps the droid into the dust because (1) its a much better phone and (2) the storm can do much more. Its so much better. Face it, those owning a droidtoy who say they like it are just lieing to themselves.

Oops, I copied the wrong name, I meant I agree with DrewCSchultz. Sorry for leading you on, and making you feel important, I really didn't mean to. I'm glad you finally came up with a reason though, even though I wouldn't count that as two reasons.

Face it though, your lying to yourself, which is even worse than lying to someone else, why would you do that to yourself? Not everyone thinks the same way as you, which is good because god only knows where we would be with a mind like yours, scary, I won't even go there.

Back to topic though, I think the Droid is ugly as ****, I would ashamed to be seen in public with that hemdroid looking thing.
    03-24-10 03:05 PM
    Enough, even for Rants & Raves!

03-24-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD