When i click on "download" it says: "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are need to support BB App World."

So i cant get it. I read somewhere that you need a data plan, which i dont have and neither does my brother but he was able to download it and it works fine. He has a 8220 though. Could that be why it works on his phone? Im new into all this so i dont know...

I need help...
    Please

Oh. And the wifi in our house and all that stuff is working with no problem so idk whats wrong with my phone

HELP!!
    03-22-10 08:56 PM
    Yes you need a data plan for app world..you could always try CBs app store.
    03-22-10 08:59 PM
    Alright.
    Ill try that but still, how did my brother get it if he doesnt have a data plan?
    03-22-10 09:06 PM
    App world requires a bb data plan to be download..a great workaround is to use a friends sim card with a bb data plan linked to it....insert it in your phone as if your own..now the bb has a connection to the bb servers it will push through all the neccessary service books that you will need to download the app world..with the sim still inserted download the appworld via the browser and there you have it! you will be able to download apps from the appworld over wifi w/o a bb plan.

And that's only if you are connected good with your wifi. As even viewing those apps will use data if you are not connected to wifi.
    03-22-10 09:10 PM
    Thats what my other friend just told me!!!
    Alright. Ima try that tomorrow.
    Thanks!!!!
    03-22-10 09:13 PM
    Here is current app world for OS 5. Just use the "AppWorld Installer.bat" file to install to your BB. It will reboot and app world will be in your download directory.
    03-23-10 02:09 AM
    Alright.
    Ill try that later. Not home right now...
    03-23-10 06:46 AM
    i thought with T-mo you were required to have a data plan with a BB... did you buy it after you already had service ?
    03-23-10 12:03 PM
    i thought with T-mo you were required to have a data plan with a BB... did you buy it after you already had service ?
    Not if you own your own. You can just activate any plan or put in a pay to go sim.
    03-23-10 12:21 PM
    Yes i did. They told me that i needed the data plan for one year. $30 monthly so i didnt get. My friend did and after a month he called them and told them that he didnt want the data thing no more. They canceled and his phone kept working perfectly fine. So last week i bought this AT&T bb from a friend. I unlocked it and thats how im using it with T-Mobile. I couldnt download app world so i used his sim card, did the bb connection, downloaded it and now i have it with no problem

I still dont have data plan.
    Im using the wifi. LOL. Even though you need one for most of the apps. Ill get one when i get my own account in like 3 months...
    03-24-10 07:17 AM
    Hi Jackbox,

Ive donloaded the zip file you posted. How do i load the .bat file onto my phone? using the Desktop Manager? i tried that but it wont work though..

Appreciate your help man.. Thanks
    03-29-10 04:55 AM
    Hi Jackbox,

Ive donloaded the zip file you posted. How do i load the .bat file onto my phone? using the Desktop Manager? i tried that but it wont work though..

Appreciate your help man.. Thanks
    The bat file is run on your PC and it invokes javaloader and installs the two files onto your phone automatically. Before you run the bat file connect your BB to your PC via the USB cable.
    03-29-10 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD